Epicor SSRS - Unable to find the Browser SSRS role. Please ensure that the Browser role has not been modified

Hi Experts,

I am configuring SSRS with Epicor 10.2 getting error while importing reports - Unable to find the Browser SSRS role. Please ensure that the Browser role has not been modified.

Surendra Pal

This sounds like a permissions rule. Browser is a role that can be added to someone that needs to looks at reports. If you go to your reports server, click the down arrow next to the folder you are trying to open the report in, then click on security. You should see all of the assigned roles. Chances are that something isnā€™t set right in there.

SSRS version?

Report server 2017. It is working fine with 2016

Surendra Pal

Did you ever figure this out? I am having issues with this error on and SSRS 2017. Also get this error.
Application Server Setup Failed.
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The item ā€˜/Epicor10/reports/SharedReportDataSourceā€™ cannot be found. ā€”> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item ā€˜/Epicor10/reports/SharedReportDataSourceā€™ cannot be found.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.SetItemDataSources(String Item, DataSource[] DataSources, Guid batchId)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.SetItemDataSources(String Item, DataSource[] DataSources)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2010.SetItemDataSources(String ItemPath, DataSource[] DataSources)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportingServiceCaller.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.b__0(IReportingService service)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportingServiceCaller.DoWithService[TReturn](Func`2 action)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportImporter.UpdateSharedDataSourcesInSsrsSite(SsrsReportDefinition report, String reportPath)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportImporter.ImportReport(String reportPath, XDocument reportDocument)
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ImportSsrsReports.ImportReportsInZipFile(SsrsReportImporter reportImporter, SsrsFolder ssrsFolder, String reportsBasePath, String reportZipPath)
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ImportSsrsReports.ImportReportsInZipFiles(SsrsReportingServiceCaller serviceCaller, String reportsBasePath, String reportZipPaths)
at SetupEnvironment.StepBase.Run()

Epicor support saying SSRS 2017 not tested yet.

It looks to me like the Shared Data Source cannot be found. Try manually updating the Data Source on one of the smaller reports.

/Epicor10/reports/SharedReportDataSourceā€™ cannot be found. ā€”>


Same issue, our client is using Server Reporting 2017, any solutions?

This is the latest info I have gotten from a support ticket about this. I have not found a working solution yet, will update if I do.

I also have the same issue with E10.2.100.6 on SQL 2017. In SSMS I connected to Reporting Services then Under Security | Roles | Browser - grant ā€œView data sourcesā€. However, this didnā€™t resolve the issue

This did resolve the issue for me. I am installing

EDIT: seems i spoke too soon. Only one report was installed on the server so i ran the deployment again and the error returnedā€¦:frowning:


Does not appear to be fixed yet in either.
Still gives ā€œunable to find browser SSRS roleā€ in

The first ERP release that will be certified for use with SQL 2017 is the upcoming 10.2.200 release.

1 Like

pretty sure sql or ssrs 2017 isnā€™t supported on 10.2.100.x.