Epicor Temp data location for On Premise

We are trying to find where the temporary data is stored. I have heard when I APR an invoice, it should be in Epicor temp data. I look on the APP server that I am log onto and where I did the invoice, but I am not finding where the temp data resides.
If I can find the temp copy of the data, we are hoping to use REST to pull it. Thank you.

What version are you on?

Temp data? Are you asking where the data that the report uses is located? Or are you looking for something else?

We are on 10.2.100.33. Yes, specifically the pdf of the invoice. I had heard it is captured in a temp location for a period.

you are running APR or altec?

I didn’t know that the actual PDF was stored somewhere, but you can re-run the report as many times as you would like by launching the RDL and then using the guid ID to run the report. This will render the same PDF.

From Job Traveler Attachment Printing - 10.2 - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Ice.SysRptLst

This is what I was trying to discern Mark, I didn’t think Epicor wrote any temp data to directories anymore. Was giving me flashbacks to crystal.

1 Like

For crystal yes this is the case the XML is available for a short time in the EpicorData directory should be shared on your server.

For SSRS the data is stored in the database and re-called by SSRS using a GUID.

If you want to save something longer you have to use the archive field in printing screens, and if you do that then the user that archived it can recall it from the system monitor for print or preview for the duration of that archive period.

If you are a developer, typically when I’m testing a report i’ll archive someones example print for a year so I can recall it until I’m done developing a report.

If you are an application user then archive with discretion you don’t want to save every report ever it takes up a decent amount of space quickly, RDDs are fat.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!
We found a binary field in Ice.SysRptLst that we can program to convert to the pdf.

1 Like

Perfect, that was the solution Mark linked I believe- for anyone re-reading this post!