Epiocr 905 MES Menu

Thanks . 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2014, at 11:00 AM, "Jose Gomez" <jose@...> wrote:

Ok Perfect,
Turn on Tracing in MES Right CLick -> Tracing Options

Then perform the Start Operation Task and look at the trace file. This file will tell you the name of the DLL and the method used as well as show you which fields took what valuoe

From there you can bring in the DLL into your customization and go from there. Usually when you see in the trace a dll file such as
Epicor.Mfg.AD.SalesOrder.dll

You will also need ot bring the BO.SalesOrder.dll and the IF.ISalesOrder.dll all of these follow the same pattern. The AD Is the adapter, BO the business object and IF the interface.

You instantiate the BO as such

SalesOrder so = new (((Session)oTrans.Session).ConnectionPool);

And you call the actual methods from there as

SalesOrderDataSet sods = so.GetByID(1111);

You change the data on each table as such
sods.OrderHed[0].CustID='myCustomer'

You can get the signatures for most of these methods by using the object explorer in customization mode. There are a lot of examples in the list of more detailed BO calls but that is the gist of it.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM, <cyrilz199@...> wrote:

If I could start and end an operation using the BO, then I will be good.

This e-mail has been scanned by Verizon Managed Email Content Service, using Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on Verizon's Managed Email Content Service, visit http://www.verizonbusiness.com.

This e-mail has been scanned by Verizon Managed Email Content Service, using Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on Verizon's Managed Email Content Service, visit http://www.verizonbusiness.com.

Hello has anyone automated the Epicor MES Menu?

I will like to automate some processes using the MES Menu.

I know if I have the appropriate dll files to reference via C#, it should be doable.

Yes? We need more info into what you'd like to automate.. automating the menu probably wouldn't be very helpful ;-)

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM, <cyrilz199@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>Hello has anyone automated the Epicor MES Menu?</p><p>Â </p><p>I will like to automate some processes using the MES Menu.</p><p>Â </p><p>I know if I have the appropriate <var></var>dll files to reference via C#, it should be doable.</p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Automated MES transaction

Instead of starting and ending each operation we would like
to do one transaction that reports a qty complete on an operation.  We
need this transaction to:

Backflush operations and materials

We use standard cost for the operations so no need to see
the time it took to complete.

Complete the operation when the final qty required is
complete

The job needs to auto complete and close

Date and time qty completed

Enter

Job

Operation

Quantity

So Jose if I wanted to upate data dynamically using C#. Say if I performed an action in Job Entry and will want to automate the MES menu what BO dll should I be looking at?

So there are several BO's involved in this process so if you want to automate what you said

you'd be looking at the labor entry, job entry, and inventory receipt BO's at least.

If you outline a specific example it might be easier, but basically if you turn on tracing and run

through the process manually the trace will be your guide on what to do.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@…

Â

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM, <cyrilz199@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>So Jose if I wanted to upate data dynamically using C#. Say if I performed an action in Job Entry and will want to automate the MES menu what BO dll<var></var> should I be looking at?</p><p></p>

</div>

If I could start and end an operation using the BO, then I will be good.

Ok Perfect,
Turn on Tracing in MES Right CLick -> Tracing Options

Then perform the Start Operation Task and look at the trace file. This file will tell you the name of the DLL and the method used as well as show you which fields took what valuoe

From there you can bring in the DLL into your customization and go from there. Usually when you see in the trace a dll file such as
Epicor.Mfg.AD.SalesOrder.dll

You will also need ot bring the BO.SalesOrder.dll and the IF.ISalesOrder.dll all of these follow the same pattern. The AD Is the adapter, BO the business object and IF the interface.

You instantiate the BO as such

SalesOrder so = new (((Session)oTrans.Session).ConnectionPool);

And you call the actual methods from there as

SalesOrderDataSet sods = so.GetByID(1111);

You change the data on each table as such

sods.OrderHed[0].CustID='myCustomer'

You can get the signatures for most of these methods by using the object explorer in customization mode. There are a lot of examples in the list of more detailed BO calls but that is the gist of it.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...

Â

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM, <cyrilz199@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>If I could start and end an operation using the BO, then I will be good.<var></var></p><p></p>

</div>