ERP 9 MRP often does not finish

We run MRP nightly net change then regen on the weekend. It often hangs and is still running in the morning, though it usually takes only ten minutes to run.

When this happens, there are some R-000nnn jobs without details. We try to delete the jobs and get a 4GL error. So we have to firm the job, then close the firm job in job closing.

I know there is nothing wrong with the MOM because there were some R-jobs of the same part with all the details as expected.

Epicor has not been much help. And deleting the R-jobs so we can re-run MRP is tedious. I was told that someone earlier had written something to delete all R-jobs. I don’t know how to do this since, there are job-header, jobdetails, joboperations and several tables with the job number.

Is anybody having this problem? Does anybody know how to delete all R-jobs?

Does it hang on both net change and regen?

Yes both Net Change and Regen… Usually there are some R-Jobs without details. But there is not an issue with the part because this morning there were some R-jobs with details and some without for the same part.

Randy, I apologize, I cannot help any further.

I did not like MRP in Epicor 9.

1 Like

Thanks for trying. I agree I don’t like E9 either. Have worked with E10 and it’s much better. I wish they would upgrade, but the decision has already been made to replace Epicor.

1 Like

Did MRP have a log file in E9?

Yes - there are the server logs, and the MRP logs. I sent them to Epicor, but didn’t notice anything unusual. Hopefully they can find something. I’ll let you know.

Hi Randy,

Have you looked at this post? It might be useful. We had problems in earlier 10.1 version with MRP hanging during transfer order processing as well as unfirm job deletion…
It has some good ideas for further analysis.

Nancy

Hi Nancy - I have never had problems with E10 MRP. I know that E9 has a utility to rebuild the indexes. Not sure if that feature is in E10. E9 uses Progress Database and E10 uses MSSQL. You might want to ask this question:
Does E10 have a utility for rebuilding indexes similar to the progress utility called IDXBUILD. Maybe someone here will know.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hi Randy,

We are on E10 now and have our MRP problems worked out. I was only suggesting a review of the prior post to possibly help with your problem.

Nancy