Firing a Data Directive when MRP creates a JobProd record

Thanks for the reply Greg,

I think I will still have the same issue with this since MRP will still be creating multiple dirty rows with the processing queues. I have the DD working on JobProd when I update in Job Entry it just doesn't fire when MRP processes even though records are being created, I suspect the behavior would be the same with Jobhed. 

We were also considering creating a method directive that would update each record regardless of whether it had changed or not and schedule it to run after MRP finishes but before global scheduling starts but we were unsure of what BO to attach it to.

Thanks for your reply and I will give it a try on JobHed, I'm thinking Jose's response may be the most viable option even if more complex.

Thanks again,

Mitch

Hi all, 

have any of you successfully fired a data directive based off of MRP creating a Job prod record? We have a directive that executes just fine when a record is created in Job Entry but when MRP processes the BPm doesn't fire.

Thoughts?

You may want to look at MRP Hooks that's your best bet

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:02 AM, m.hermes@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>Hi all, </span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>have any of you successfully fired a data directive based off of MRP creating a Job prod record? We have a directive that executes just fine when a record is created in Job Entry but when MRP processes the BPm doesn&#39;t fire.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Thoughts?</span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks Jose,

Can you elaborate on that at all? 

We were also thinking of just creating method directive that updates each record but were unsure of how to tie that to a process that can be scheduled to run after MRP Completes. If that makes any sense.

Thanks all.
They are like user hooks you write to modify / alter MRP behavior this may or may not be what you want....

Page 35+ on here.... But again it may be overkill for what you are trying to accomplish

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:32 AM, m.hermes@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><div>Thanks Jose,</div><div><br></div>Can you elaborate on that at all?<p></p>

</div>

</span><div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks again Jose,

I think we can work with that. It does seem like overkill, all we want to do is utilize information on a UDF on an SO and use it to set the priority code on the job.

If anyone has a more simple solution that doesn't involve modifying MRP's behavior I would be very interested to hear it.

Thanks again all.

Since the scheduling priority is on the jobhead I do this with a DD on jobhead.

Greg

/* Job Header creation information */

/*

Message "DEBUG JobUpdate: B4 Code".

*/

For Each ttJobHead.

If ttJobHead.ShortChar01 <> "" then next.

Message "DEBUG JobUpdate: after ttJobHead, jobnum = " ttJobHead.JobNum.

for First JobProd fields (Company OrderNum) where ttJobHead.JobNum = JobProd.Jobnum and ttJobHead.Company = JobProd.Company and JobProd.Partnum = JobProd.partNum and JobProd.orderNum = jobProd.OrderNum and JobProd.OrderLine = JobProd.OrderLine and JobProd.OrderRelNum = JobProd.OrderRelNum and Jobprod.WarehouseCode = JobProd.WareHousecode and Jobprod.TargetJobNum = Jobprod.TargetJobNum and JobProd.TargetAssemblySeq = JobProd.TargetAssemblySeq and JobProd.TargetMtlSeq =  JobProd.TargetMtlSeq.

if JobProd.OrderNum = 0 then next.

/*                                           Message "DEBUG JobUpdate: after JobProd, JobProd.OrdernUm = " JobProd.OrderNum. */

For First OrderHed fields(CheckBox01 CheckBox02 CheckBox03 CheckBox04 CheckBox05 CheckBox06 CheckBox09 CheckBox10 CheckBox11 CheckBox12 CheckBox13 ShortChar01 ShortChar02) where OrderHed.Company = JobProd.Company and OrderHed.OrderNum = JobProd.OrderNum no-lock.

/*                                           Message "DEBUG JobUpdate: after OrderHed find, OrderHed.Character01 = " OrderHed.Character01.                 */

If ttJobHead.ShortChar01 = "" then Do:

If Index(OrderHed.ShortChar01,"DO")>0 Then Assign ttJobHead.SchedCode = "DO".

If Index(OrderHed.ShortChar01,"DX")>0 Then Assign ttJobHead.SchedCode = "DX".

Assign  ttJobHead.CheckBox01=OrderHed.CheckBox01

ttJobHead.CheckBox02=OrderHed.CheckBox02

ttJobHead.CheckBox03=OrderHed.CheckBox03

ttJobHead.CheckBox04=OrderHed.CheckBox04

ttJobHead.CheckBox05=OrderHed.CheckBox05

ttJobHead.CheckBox06=OrderHed.CheckBox06

ttJobHead.CheckBox09=OrderHed.CheckBox09

ttJobHead.CheckBox10=OrderHed.CheckBox10

ttJobHead.CheckBox11=OrderHed.CheckBox11

ttJobHead.CheckBox12=OrderHed.CheckBox12

ttJobHead.CheckBox13=OrderHed.CheckBox13

ttJobHead.ShortChar01=OrderHed.ShortChar01

ttJobHead.ShortChar02=OrderHed.ShortChar02.

End.

End.

/* Message "DEBUG JobUpdate: after ttJobHead update, ttJobHead.Character01 = " ttJobHead.Character01.                */

End.

End.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:54 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Firing a Data Directive when MRP creates a JobProd record

Thanks again Jose,

I think we can work with that. It does seem like overkill, all we want to do is utilize information on a UDF on an SO and use it to set the priority code on the job.

If anyone has a more simple solution that doesn't involve modifying MRP's behavior I would be very interested to hear it.

Thanks again all.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."