Form elements randomly change size and position

UseAppStyling is in a controls properties… top of the list

And Custom XML, Custom Properties… sometimes these get “stuck”
i.e. don’t match what you are typing into your properties

UseAppStyling is the same (true) for all five text areas.

Yes, UseAppStyling is usually true by default.
You can try turning it off, see if your size changes will stick.

You can find some related threads here, also an answerbook on EpicWeb… to do with grids I believe.

Hey @krum,

I’m experiencing similar issues with UI changes I am making to the Sales Order Entry form. I’ve tried editing the sizes of the Line Detail > Sales Order Comments text box and group box as well as the anchors so I can add another group box and text box below it. No matter what I do I can’t seem to get the width dimensions of the text boxes to stick from when I save to when I load the customization. I’ve spent multiple hours across two Webex sessions with Epicor Support which resulted in an internal support ticket to development, but they rejected the problem request and provided a generic answer to address the problem (which solved nothing). Hopefully there will be someone at Insights next week who has a better understanding of the system UI and can shed some light on this issue. In the meantime, let me know if you make any progress with your issue.

Maybe they had you do this already, but what I do when layout changes arent working is check all the layout objects related to the field using customization maintenance -> show custom data. I’ve had to remove some that were not being updated using the UI editor. Once that was done I was able to resolve the issues.

Nathan

@krum I love the stream of consciousness posts about how you were trying to solve this issue. My colleague and I have also spent a whole day trying to figure this out. If you do come across something you would be helping us all out tremendously. I appreciate your willingness to share your results.

We have found no rhyme or reason either.

Let us know if you need anything.

oh … the hours wasted. And no, never found a solution. I feel your pain.

I went as far as decompiling SalesOrderCommentsPanel and PickListJobCommentsPanel and found nothing to explain why only those two behave differently. It’s not fresh in my mind anymore, but I remember thinking that some parts of the code looked generated. The problem might be in some innocuous seeming line of code or bit of data far away from these classes.