Generating Data Sample

Thanks, it's working.

Viktor

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "epd_ltd" <viktorcorrales@...> wrote:
>
> 8.03.408
> is there a way when you preview a new created report on crystal reports XI, to view more than 2 lines of sample data? instead of getting pages of data i only get to lines which makes it really hard to make to know if there is something wrong with the stetics of the report. or is the only way of deploying the report???
>
> Regards,
>
> Viktor
>
is there a way when you preview a new created report on crystal reports XI, to view more than 2 lines of sample data? instead of getting pages of data i only get to lines which makes it really hard to make to know if there is something wrong with the stetics of the report. or is the only way of deploying the report???

Regards,

Viktor
Do you mean sample data when creating a BAQ report?

If so, generate sample data usually generates whatever data the BAQ holds at the
time for me.

Sent: Thu, 23 September, 2010 13:56:59
Subject: [Vantage] Generating Data Sample

Â
is there a way when you preview a new created report on crystal reports XI, to
view more than 2 lines of sample data? instead of getting pages of data i only
get to lines which makes it really hard to make to know if there is something
wrong with the stetics of the report. or is the only way of deploying the
report???

Regards,

Viktor

Do you mean

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Correct, in the BAQ Report it takes the action to generate sample data, but can i viewed that .xml generated data other than previewing in the crystal report with the prview function??

how can i increase the size of the sample from a line to a 100 lines??
because it seems that my BAQ report is only storing 2 lines of data.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@...> wrote:
>
> Do you mean sample data when creating a BAQ report?
>
> If so, generate sample data usually generates whatever data the BAQ holds at the
> time for me.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: epd_ltd <viktorcorrales@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, 23 September, 2010 13:56:59
> Subject: [Vantage] Generating Data Sample
>
> ÂÂ
> 8.03.408
> is there a way when you preview a new created report on crystal reports XI, to
> view more than 2 lines of sample data? instead of getting pages of data i only
> get to lines which makes it really hard to make to know if there is something
> wrong with the stetics of the report. or is the only way of deploying the
> report???
>
> Regards,
>
> Viktor
>
>
> Do you mean
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
The best thing to do is to never use the 'Generate Sample Data' option, and instead just preview your report form, provide some input parameters that will generate a larger sample, and select the 'Generate Only' option. Then point your Crystal Report at your Vantage server's reports directory (e.g. \\server\mfgsysdata\reports\<username>\BAQ Report -Whatever12345.xml).

That way you can make sure your field formats, column widths, etc. handle the issues your data will present.

-bws

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of epd_ltd
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:05 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Generating Data Sample

Correct, in the BAQ Report it takes the action to generate sample data, but can i viewed that .xml generated data other than previewing in the crystal report with the prview function??

how can i increase the size of the sample from a line to a 100 lines??
because it seems that my BAQ report is only storing 2 lines of data.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@...> wrote:
>
> Do you mean sample data when creating a BAQ report?
>
> If so, generate sample data usually generates whatever data the BAQ holds at the
> time for me.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: epd_ltd <viktorcorrales@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, 23 September, 2010 13:56:59
> Subject: [Vantage] Generating Data Sample
>
> ÂÂ
> 8.03.408
> is there a way when you preview a new created report on crystal reports XI, to
> view more than 2 lines of sample data? instead of getting pages of data i only
> get to lines which makes it really hard to make to know if there is something
> wrong with the stetics of the report. or is the only way of deploying the
> report???
>
> Regards,
>
> Viktor
>
>
> Do you mean
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
To get a bigger sample, after creating your report, put on any filter options you want such as Sales Order Number or Job Number, etc, run generate test data for the first time. This will create the small test data that many times doesn't have enough data to be meaningful. Go into Design if not done before and do the database link/setup to the sample data. Save Report and exit back to Epicor

Next use the "test report" under actions of the report you are building. This will run the BAQ for real, the XML will be outputted to the report directory on the server, XML will be under report/your-epicor-username folder. Copy the XML down into your sample directory, rename it to the name of the sample data created by the "generate" option. Then use "design" to work on your report.

Jim Kinneman
Senior Consultant
Encompass Solutions, Inc

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "epd_ltd" <viktorcorrales@...> wrote:
>
> Correct, in the BAQ Report it takes the action to generate sample data, but can i viewed that .xml generated data other than previewing in the crystal report with the prview function??
>
> how can i increase the size of the sample from a line to a 100 lines??
> because it seems that my BAQ report is only storing 2 lines of data.
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@> wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean sample data when creating a BAQ report?
> >
> > If so, generate sample data usually generates whatever data the BAQ holds at the
> > time for me.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: epd_ltd <viktorcorrales@>
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Thu, 23 September, 2010 13:56:59
> > Subject: [Vantage] Generating Data Sample
> >
> > ÂÂ
> > 8.03.408
> > is there a way when you preview a new created report on crystal reports XI, to
> > view more than 2 lines of sample data? instead of getting pages of data i only
> > get to lines which makes it really hard to make to know if there is something
> > wrong with the stetics of the report. or is the only way of deploying the
> > report???
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Viktor
> >
> >
> > Do you mean
> >
> >
> >