Getting around Vantage 6.1 ODBC "Select Only" Security Settings

In 6.1 you need to have an additional 4GL Developer software and license to be able to do db writes. Provision I think it was called.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mahsangilbert" <tgilbert@...> wrote:
>
> This is a continuation from the earlier thread "Using ODBC for Mass Updates". I started this new thread in the hope that it will grab the attention of anyone in the know.
>
> I am trying to set up an ODBC connection to Vantage 6.1 that will allow updates to the database. The current security configuration allows for read-only (from "61ODBCsecurity.txt" privilege is set to GRANT SELECT (=read-only).
>
> I've changed everything from GRANT SELECT to GRANT UPDATE but still am prevented from making any changes to the tables.
>
> Any help is much appreciated!
>
> Todd Gilbert
> GCM, Inc.
> Vantage 6.1
>
This is a continuation from the earlier thread "Using ODBC for Mass Updates". I started this new thread in the hope that it will grab the attention of anyone in the know.

I am trying to set up an ODBC connection to Vantage 6.1 that will allow updates to the database. The current security configuration allows for read-only (from "61ODBCsecurity.txt" privilege is set to GRANT SELECT (=read-only).

I've changed everything from GRANT SELECT to GRANT UPDATE but still am prevented from making any changes to the tables.

Any help is much appreciated!

Todd Gilbert
GCM, Inc.
Vantage 6.1