Global Scheduling and Constraint Issues - How are they represented/seen by the scheduler?

When you run global scheduling in what-if or in general, how do you see jobs that were moved out due to a constraint? Is there something obvious I am missing?

With my limited experience using what-if, it will not ignore constraints right? So if there is one, it pushes it out yeah? And if it pushes it out, what tells me that it has been pushed out other than the dates not meeting the required by date? In other words, how can I tell what caused the move?

@NateS

I am still trying to figure out how to use everything “correctly”. My understanding is that after you make changes to the what-if schedule, you run the Schedule Impact Report. This shows jobs more/less late and some other stuff. However, this doesn’t tell you why they are now late. I guess you just have to know what you last did in the WI schedule to understand why the jobs get moved the way they do.

My approach will be to start with an empty WI schedule. Then, have the manager make a set of changes. With that set of changes in mind, they will review the Schedule Impact Report to find out what jobs are moving around due to the changes they want.

I would love to hear from some of the pros here that I am on the right track. If there is a better report, let us know!