Help - Simple Customization (Newbie)

Bob,

The problem with what you are trying to do is that there are some methods for creating Jobs that will not use your customized Job Entry UI. How are you creating your jobs? Are they all manual via Job Entry or are you running MRP or are you using Order Job Wizard?

We do a combination of all three and have had good luck with a BPM on the JobStatus.Update BO.Method. We use a combination of Pre and Post process Actions using 4GL script:

Pre Process Action:

for each ttJobHead, each JobHead where ttJobHead.Company = JobHead.Company and ttJobHead.JobNum = JobHead.JobNum no-lock.
If available JobHead then do:
Assign ttJobHead.LockQty = TRUE.
Assign ttJobHead.SchedLocked = TRUE.
Run lib\UpdateTableBuffer.p(input BUFFER JobHead:HANDLE, 'LockQty', TRUE).
Run lib\UpdateTableBuffer.p(input BUFFER JobHead:HANDLE, 'SchedLocked', TRUE).
End.
If not available JobHead then return.
End.

AND a second Pre Process Action:

enable dependent post process directives

Post Process Condition:

this directive has been enabled from the LockQtyAndSchd directive

Post Process Action:

for each ttJobHead, each JobHead where ttJobHead.Company = JobHead.Company and ttJobHead.JobNum = JobHead.JobNum no-lock.
If available JobHead then do:
Assign ttJobHead.LockQty = TRUE.
Assign ttJobHead.SchedLocked = TRUE.
Run lib\UpdateTableBuffer.p(input BUFFER JobHead:HANDLE, 'LockQty', TRUE).
Run lib\UpdateTableBuffer.p(input BUFFER JobHead:HANDLE, 'SchedLocked', TRUE).
End.
If not available JobHead then return.
End.

We found that this method is called most of the time whenever a Job is created or the status is changed (Job Entry, MRP, Order Job Wizard, etc.).

Now, for the "I have one division that needs this unchecked and one division that needs it checked"... Is a 'division' a Plant, a Company or something else? If they are separate companies, the above BPM's will work as written. If they are separate Plants, you can add a condition in the Query statement something like:

for each ttJobHead where CUR-PLANT /*This is a Global Variable*/ = 'YourPlantIDHere', each JobHead where ttJobHead.Company = JobHead.Company and ttJobHead.JobNum = JobHead.JobNum no-lock.

This will stop the method from firing when it is called by a user in your other Plant (division).

If a division is something else...

If this works for you, great! If it is a little over your head still (as a "Newbie"), give me a call and I can walk you through a bit of it...

Nathan Bonner
Total Plastics, inc.
bonner.nathan@
totalplastics.com

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Molson <an_ex_molson@...> wrote:
>
> I am looking for some help. I would like to have the check box on the Job Entry Screen for Schedule Locked to automatically be checked off. ( I have one division that needs this unchecked and one division that needs it checked, hence 2 different job entry functions).
>
> I asked for help from Epicor (I Will follow up with them), and they provided me with the standard example using Sales Order Entry and setting the hold order checkbox to true. We are not that technical, so trying to customize a job entry screen with a Sales order Entry example is difficult for me.
>
> I believe I need just one line of code added. I can't believe that the "Wizard" wouldn't let me just indicate I wanted the value changed from "False" to a value equal to "True"
>
> Any Help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob
>
> Bob Goss
> Controller
> BC Instruments
> www.bc-instruments.com
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________
> Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
>
> http://www.flickr.com/gift/
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I was working on a BAM that tried to auto print all invoices where the due date has been exceeded by more then 10 days. I set the BAM up with a condition that the invoice was open and the due date was equal to today minus 10 days so that all invoices with due dates of 2/15 would print today. I wondered how this would work as there really is no trigger other then the fact that today is the 25th so all open invoices with a due date of 2/15 would just print. My suspicions were correct and my test invoice did not print.

Has anyone set something up like this?

Thanks.
I am looking for some help. I would like to have the check box on the Job Entry Screen for Schedule Locked to automatically be checked off. ( I have one division that needs this unchecked and one division that needs it checked, hence 2 different job entry functions).

I asked for help from Epicor (I Will follow up with them), and they provided me with the standard example using Sales Order Entry and setting the hold order checkbox to true. We are not that technical, so trying to customize a job entry screen with a Sales order Entry example is difficult for me.

I believe I need just one line of code added. I can't believe that the "Wizard" wouldn't let me just indicate I wanted the value changed from "False" to a value equal to "True"

Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks

Bob

Bob Goss
Controller
BC Instruments
www.bc-instruments.com

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]