How Can i Delete Dashboard if its Not Responding

Hello,

I have a problem with dashboard. If i open on of my dashboard in Dashboard Maintenance then its
crashes and i can´t do anything. Whole Epicor Not Responding and i have to close it. How can i delete this dashboard?

First, if it stops responding, your only options for recourse are to

1. End all of Epicor
  2. Grab some coffee and wait

It’s likely not responding because it’s trying to bring back too large of a dataset.
I would start by looking at the BAQ that feeds the dashboard and see if you can add filters/parameters/criteria to reduce the results.

If you truly want to delete the dashboard, you will need to go into Dashboard Maintenance, bring up that dashboard, and hit the “X”. You will also need to remove references from Menu Maintenance so your users don’t try to open something that no longer exists. Again, though–if that dashboard is of use, start by looking at making the BAQ more efficient rather than deleting everything outright.

The OP is having it crash in Dashboard maintenance, not during execution.

I’d check for any personalizations, and delete them.

@tinnuri does it “crash” immediately upon loading that db? Or not until you do something like selecting one of the queries, selecting a tab , etc… ??

That depends. They could have “Auto Refresh on Load” checked in which case it is executing. Doesn’t matter if it’s in the editor or not, it’s still going to try and bring back a large dataset which I still suspect is what’s happening. I’ve never seen something time out like that otherwise.

1 Like

If that’s the case then your suggestion to hobble the underlying BAQs should work. A simple addition to the main table criteria of AND Company = 'XYZ' should make it return no results. Might need to do this on sub-queries if they’re the offenders.

It crash immediately if i open it. But i can delete it. I went to developer mode and then opened the dashboard, then it didn’t crash and when I came back from developer mode I was able to delete it.

So you:

1. Entered developer mode
    2 Launched Dashboard Maintenance
  2. Loaded the dashbaord

And it didn’t crash. and you could then delete the whole dashboard. Just curious, when launching dashboard maint., where you prompted to select a customization? Or given a message that it was not a customizable form?