How did you find out about Epiusers.help?

Aw no ~ who’s going to like my post when I ask a user who has posted a question to provide a screenshot? (which they never did … guess they figured it out!)

1. How did you hear about Epiusers? vantage Yahoo group
  2. What keeps you coming back to Epiusers? Great helpers, I’ve learned a ton in ten years !!! and I would prefer to walk a broken glass bridge in barefeet across molten lava than call Epicor support until I absolutely must
  3. If you could start everything from scratch what is something you would do different? take some programming courses early on

Good Luck Brandon!
Nancy

3 Likes

Hello Brandon,

Wow! some news. You will be missed… I wish you the best in your new venture…

…does this mean there would be an opening to replace you in your current job? :wink:

Jokes aside… you were (still are until you leave… :wink: ) an estimed contributor to this blog.

1. When I started using Epicor, my source of support was ITToolBox site…Then EpiUsers came up in my web searches and liked it much better.
  2. the diversity of it’s members and their experiences, and heck we even have access to Epicor personel to answer questions!!! Which other sites offers this?
  3. Attend the Insights conferences…;):partying_face: hopefully will be able this time!

Hopefully you will keep contact with the group and tell us how is it going ! (and maybe…just maybe decide to come back to Epicor? :rofl:)

Pierre

2 Likes

@Banderson Brandon, it’s always hard to say goodbye, so I’m not going to. What I am going to say is that I wish you well in your new position!! You will be a shining success and the company you are going to is very lucky to have you (you can tell them I said so :wink: )!

I remember when I was a newbie to Epicor some 10+ years ago. There was a forum and I was lead here by an Epicor user who was very active at the time. It was a God send to me! Like you, I have learned so much from the users here!

What keeps me coming back? I love to share my knowledge with others. I know how I felt when I started learning Epicor and I was lost. When I found this community, I embraced it! Most of the people here are wonderful (a group always has a least one person that isn’t there for the right reasons; just watch the Bachelor…hahahaha!!!).

I’m not sure what my answer would be to #3. The evolution of this forum and the dedication of the leadership team is great! Hats off to the leadership team for doing such a wonderful job of keeping this going!

3 Likes

@hkeric.wci I feel your pain…:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

@Banderson sad to read you won’t be contributing to any posts anymore, but I am glad you got another opportunity to solve new issues for new people. What ERP system are they implementing?

1. I heard about Epiusers at an EUG group I think? Maybe insights?
  2. People and Problems.
  3. I’m with @ckrusen

Hmmm … with respect to my implementation of Epicor, my current career, my life???

@utaylor and @ckrusen, if you were to start a forum from scratch…

NetSuite

My personal send off to you @banderson

3 Likes

@hkeric.wci IMO it is invaluable if for nothing else but the FACE-TO-FACE networking you get out of it. Also, when you are in it for the long run the interaction with the Epicor team helps to build a great relationship with the company whose software is running probably half of your company’s data. Again IMO! :slight_smile:

You have deffinatley helped me in the past and I thank you.

1. I forget how I found out about it. It may have been by a consultant when converting to E9.

2. the wealth of knowledge here is what keeps me coming back. I may not be able to help much but I try.

3. Not sure…:thinking:

very sad to hear that you leaving @Banderson, but i wish you all the best wherever you go, and as you became one of the best Epicor experts, i am sure that you will be the same in anywhere you go, good luck mate.

1 Like
  1. I stumbled across e10help with Google searches. I had heard of the Yahoo Groups but did not seem to find the details and get value from it as much as the EUG site at the time. Once it moved to e10help the floodgates opened and I was able to interact with the system a lot better. Have been coming back ever since, and find it very valuable. I promote both the EUG and this site at our Southeast regional meetings every time now.

2. The community, the quick responses, and the ability to help others. Such a great forum!

3. Not sure on this one need to think about it!

@Banderson Enjoy your new endeavor!

1 Like

Wow - I go away for a few days and you bail on us? WTF mate? :scream: Sure gonna miss you but wish you the best of luck and all good things in your next gig. Glad to call you a friend in this life. They’ll be lucky to have you and you know we’re all here for you if you need us.

I think these have been answered thoroughly (and mine will echo @ckrusen’s comments)

• How did you hear about Epiusers? Been doing Epicor for 20 years and found the Yahoo group a long time ago through word of mouth and google searches.

• What keeps you coming back to Epiusers? Community, no drama, good fun, shared experience - all those things that we do for each other without question. And the information is worth its weight in gold because it’s real, and not filtered through the Epicor “should this go to consulting?” helpdesk filter.

• If you could start everything from scratch what is something you would do different? I might have chosen a different platform from the many choices, or mandated a small fee to assure it’s continued existence - but a lot of that depends on who the custodians are and what the platform is. But I would certainly find a couple of :black_joker: jokers to admin the thing like we have here. Nothing kills a site faster than having the Gestapo :policeman: in charge. I think this site is almost perfect in its simplicity, (but also because we self-regulate the drama).

7 Likes

1 Like

All y’all on this site!! :rofl:
We’re all a bunch of clowns when it comes down to it and the drinks are on the table. I believe there is actual proof around here somewhere!! (y’all know who you are!!)

And that’s what makes us a family :slight_smile: even if someone leaves for a while.

3 Likes

tenor%5B1%5D

2 Likes

Dare I say @jgiese.wci that you found the one true Gestapo clown!! :rofl: Love that show!

1 Like

Just noticed the new tag by BA’s name

And also realized he shares initials with Benedict Arnold!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hi @Banderson “Traitor”,
Your visit to my facility in the Twin Cities 'burbs a few months ago was great; you’re welcome any time–regardless of whether you’re at an E10 company or not.
It was at a local Epicor User Group meeting that I learned about E10Help, now Epiusers, but it took a while before I found the time to explore the site.
I appreciate the site’s engaged participants, willing to take their time to help solve the issues of stranger; that is a true mark of an engaged and caring community. I presume you’ll find something similar with NetSuite (?), even if I can’t help guide you to it.
And in wishing you Godspeed on your new (ad)venture, I encourage you to bring with your the traits I observed in your work: Inquisitiveness, humility, openness, camaraderie. These character traits are good in the working world just as in life. I’m sure it was this innate style that helped the new job find you. All the best!

3 Likes