How do your 'pickers' use Material Request Queue?

We use the material queue right now for issuing material to jobs and for putting away received material.

If the location is different from the primary bin for picking material, then we use part tracker. We have a customization that has a button to launch part tracker from the My Material screen on the hand held.

Unfortunately, the part tracker screen is blank and they have to enter the part number. I would like to know how to send the current part to the part tracker form and have it auto populate part tracker.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Tony Hughes <thughes281@...> wrote:
>
>
> I am starting the sales, shipping and material handlers on the path to using our motorola handhelds to pick for sales orders using the queue, hopefully eliminating pick lists. Not that I am overly concerned for cost of the paper, but that I want to get them to goal of (as close as possible) 100% real-time computer transactions for all material movement.
>
> So if I want them to work from their queue, how is best way to do it? Because, unless the default bin for the part to be picked is always, perfectly, the only place where he'll pull 100% of the parts for that queue item (not the case in this plant) how does the picker know where to go, short of checking Part tracker? Currently they get a pick list, and a sub-report on there tells you any bins where the part can be found, and quantity etc.
>
> We are going to reserve it in Fulfillment workbench, then send it out to pick, then assign it to a picker though the queue.
> I do understand the Reserve system, it is reserving x quantity of all your onhand quantity for the partwhse, not the quantity of any particular bin.
>
> Thanks for any advice you can offer.
>
I am starting the sales, shipping and material handlers on the path to using our motorola handhelds to pick for sales orders using the queue, hopefully eliminating pick lists. Not that I am overly concerned for cost of the paper, but that I want to get them to goal of (as close as possible) 100% real-time computer transactions for all material movement.

So if I want them to work from their queue, how is best way to do it? Because, unless the default bin for the part to be picked is always, perfectly, the only place where he'll pull 100% of the parts for that queue item (not the case in this plant) how does the picker know where to go, short of checking Part tracker? Currently they get a pick list, and a sub-report on there tells you any bins where the part can be found, and quantity etc.

We are going to reserve it in Fulfillment workbench, then send it out to pick, then assign it to a picker though the queue.
I do understand the Reserve system, it is reserving x quantity of all your onhand quantity for the partwhse, not the quantity of any particular bin.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.