How does a BPM talk to the script editor?

You can pass it back through the tables being worked on by the method you have the BPM on. For example if on the update for customer you could put something in customer.shortchar01.

Another approach that won't take up a UD field is to use the BPM Context Data table that is very handy for passing information To and returning information from the BPM. the table works just like a regular table except of course nothing gets saved permanently to the database. it is just a communication method between the calling process and the BPM. It is also a good tool to pass information between pre and post processing BPMs.

The Context table is available as a dataview in the UI. You would read/update the existing row to pass information back and forth between the BPM.

When working with the BPM you will see the BPM Context Data table is available along with the other temporary tables.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "altyrocks" <alty_rocks@...> wrote:
>
> If I have some processing that I've done in a BPM and I want to pass back a flag telling the UI (script editor) to perform some action based on the results of the BPM logic, how do I accomplish this?
>
If I have some processing that I've done in a BPM and I want to pass back a flag telling the UI (script editor) to perform some action based on the results of the BPM logic, how do I accomplish this?
I'm doing this to some extent, though I think you want to take it further, but I have demonstrated to myself at least the method that you could use. If you can trap the method via script that your BPM is hung on, in my example its update, and you are synchronously executing your BPM, if you can plug your BPM results in a place you can access it from the UI (some UD fields lets say) you could then have the UI test those values and execute accordingly. In my instance, an user clicks a button on a form, this calls the update method for that form, the BPM fires, calls a service connect workflow and modifies some UD field values for that transaction. The user is forced to wait for the whole transaction to complete (a few seconds) and once done I call an oTrans.notifyall() & oTrans.refresh, at this point the UI is now aware of the data changes made and the data populates a text field that the user takes action on (context menu choice - open with job entry in this case. You could insert some logic at this point to evaluate the data and then take an action.. Somewhat abstract I know, but hopefully its somewhat in the realm of what you were after...

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-0590
FAX: (715)284-4084
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of altyrocks
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:11 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] How does a BPM talk to the script editor?

If I have some processing that I've done in a BPM and I want to pass back a flag telling the UI (script editor) to perform some action based on the results of the BPM logic, how do I accomplish this?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]