How to change a standard report in Vantage8

This is a Progress report. Unless you are familiar with programming in
Progress this would pose a problem. In past conversations with
technical support at Epicor they have suggested creating our own Crystal
report for variations from the norm. We have requested enhancements to
progress reports which are under consideration.

I would be very interested as well to see if there is a simple way
around the Progress reporting modifications.
Cynthia Lombardo

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sigitas Petronis
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:40 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] How to change a standard report in Vantage8

Hello,

Is it possible to change a layout of standard Vantage8 report? I need to
make some changes to a BOM Listing report.

Thanks,

Sigitas

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior
permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own
virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept
liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hello,

Thanks,

Sigitas

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

If it's a Crystal Report form, you just need to open it with Crystal and change the layout. If it's a "Progress" report, you'll need at least Open Edge to modify it.

De : vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] De la part de Sigitas Petronis
Envoyé : 12 décembre 2006 05:40
À : vantage@yahoogroups.com
Objet : [Vantage] How to change a standard report in Vantage8

Hello,

Thanks,

Sigitas

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

It's a Progress report. I've found 2 files in ..server\rpt folder: BOMListingReport.i and BOMListingReport.r. I can open the file with the extension *.i, but I don't see report title or column headers there. At the moment this is the only thing that I want to change (translate).

The file with .r is not readable. I suppose it's a compiled file.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joel Tremblay
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:07 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] How to change a standard report in Vantage8

If it's a Crystal Report form, you just need to open it with Crystal and change the layout. If it's a "Progress" report, you'll need at least Open Edge to modify it.

De : vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] De la part de Sigitas Petronis
À : vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Hello,

Thanks,

Sigitas

The only way you can change this is if you buy the source code. Without the .p file, you won't be able to do anything (unless someone got another solution).

De : vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] De la part de Sigitas Petronis
Envoyé : 12 décembre 2006 06:31
À : vantage@yahoogroups.com
Objet : RE: [Vantage] How to change a standard report in Vantage8

It's a Progress report. I've found 2 files in ..server\rpt folder: BOMListingReport.i and BOMListingReport.r. I can open the file with the extension *.i, but I don't see report title or column headers there. At the moment this is the only thing that I want to change (translate).

The file with .r is not readable. I suppose it's a compiled file.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Joel Tremblay
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:07 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Vantage] How to change a standard report in Vantage8

De : vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] De la part de Sigitas Petronis
À : vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Hello,

Thanks,

Sigitas

> The only way you can change this is if you buy the source code. Without
> the .p file, you won't be able to do anything (unless someone got another
> solution).

Seeing that Sigitas's address is from Epicor, I don't think that source code
access should be a problem...