How to get employee pay rates in BAQ?

I'm really not sure how you can match up employees with their latest rates in a flat BAQ (at least in Ver 8 and below). You need to find the max of PREmpRt.RateDate for the latest date, then go back and pull the PREmpRt.PayRate from that RateDate, then match up the lastest date rate to the employee record in PREmpMas using the Emplink field. I usually do this in Access using the full permission sysprogress user (my standard odbcuser does not have access to PR tables). I have a series of three SQL queries for this. If you want details on these, let me know.

Also note you can turn the EmpLink on and off in the Employee Master (under the Actions menu) so make sure the links are created before you start. Be sure to turn them back off when you're done.

Chris Clunn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "kayd.indaco" <kay.d@...> wrote:
>
> I wrote a quick query to list employee pay rates but nothing appears. I am a super user and supposedly have access to everything including being set up as a payroll manager. Is there something special you have to do to access payroll data this way?
>
> -Kay Doolin
> Indaco Metals LLC
>
I wrote a quick query to list employee pay rates but nothing appears. I am a super user and supposedly have access to everything including being set up as a payroll manager. Is there something special you have to do to access payroll data this way?

-Kay Doolin
Indaco Metals LLC