I would like to set a Part GL Control if the Part Class = Unkown and the Part Type = "P" How would i go about doing this? Is there a way to use Standard Epicor Function?

The objective is to automatically create the GL Control on the Part if it is a Purchased Part, The BPM would use the “Fill table by Query” which would populate the GL Control for Purchased Parts that have a Class = “Unkown”. This way we would not need to create an additional Part Class (“Unkown2”

I tried creating a BPM (Method Directive - Pre-Process) on the Part. Update.

I have a condition message = True and I get that far but the “Fill Table by Query” does not create the Part GL Control

Any direction would be great.

@KBMihaila Welcome. There is a lot of background processes happening when a part is created. This will likely need to be done post processing. You can then either refresh the dataset or do a message the user needs to refresh.

1 Like

Tried post-process but that did not work?

Sorry, We use Part Class and it would use Plant/Site for us if a Part Class GL Control was missing.

I would do a complete trace of how it gets added when done manually and see if there is any pre-validation that needs to be done.

The objective is to automatically create the GL Control on the Part if it is a Purchased Part, The BPM would use the “Fill table by Query” which would populate the GL Control for Purchased Parts that have a Class = “Unkown”. This way we would not need to create an additional Part Class (“Unkown2”