Ice.CustomizationStore Database Table Size

The Ice.CustomizationStore table in our E10 (10.2.400) database is about 40.5GB. Anyone else see that table growing to that size?

Most clients I have, that table is around 50MB.

I think I may need to engage Epicor support on this one.

Do you use the Product Configurator? I am going to guess you do and this typically is the reason for the table size. I believe there was a support issue for this and it was addressed in more recent versions.

Extensively use the PC. There is another table called PCValueSet. I assumed the PC config was there. But, maybe in 10.2.400 it’s in the ice table.

The CustomizationStore keeps the generated assemblies and sometimes related debugs and can grow to be quite large - I have a couple clients that have about 150GB in this single table. The PcValueSet stores the config input values and can be periodically purged. Support is by far the best option here but you can clean out the old revisions of the PC records without issue. I thought this was addressed in 10.2.400.9.

I would offer too that you would likely want to patch to the newest 10.2.400.X before going to support (if you can).

I would probably check with support and make sure it fixed before taking the time to upgrade, test, etc. unless you have a lot of spare time. Check with support in this case is looking at the KB that is published with versions.

I’d like to patch to the latest version of 400 but waiting for the approval from the powers to be. I’m just the Sys Admin :robot:

I opened a ticket just to be sure there isn’t something wrong. We have a lot of customs and our PC is extensive but 40GB of code is A LOT of code. We have plenty of space I just want to make sure everything is OK.

Submitted a ticket to Epicor support and it was closed as known issue. This is a known issue logged under problem PRB0211679. At this time they do have a fixed version scheduled.