In space they cannot hear you scream

Agree, Vantage 8 is SLOW. we moved from Platinum for Windows on an old P2
server with a Gig or RAM and it was still faster than our Vantage 8
experience.





Randy Stulce





_____

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
jonnyfatman666
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 3:06 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: In space they cannot hear you scream



Hi there,

(apologies if this message is duplicated, I sent the first one and the
page crashed out)

We're a UK-based Electronics manufacturer currently running Vantage 4.
We've got Vantage 8.03 installed on a test server and are currently
evaluating what it can bring us. There is a Europe based support group
at www.emu-europe.org. David Robinson ( david.robinson@
<mailto:david.robinson%40h-r-tech.com> h-r-tech.com )
is the main contact for that. He also used to run a Smart Group based
message board which has since closed down. Personally, I find this
Yahoo group to be far superior to the UK one. I often receive answers
within the day, which even Epicor struggles to match!

The main issues with Vantage 8 are that it is slooow. That's not to say
it is unworkable, but we had to have an Epicor developer sent on-site
to to tweak our setup. However, if you're not moving from an earlier
version of Vantage, your experiences may not be quite so bad. All
depends what sort of speed you're used to, I suppose.

If you want me to share any other Vantage 8 experiences with you, I'll
be happy to do that, on or off this board.

Jonny Waines

RTK Instruments Ltd

--- In vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com,
"scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Group
>
> We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost a year
now.
>
> Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies generally
> and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences in terms
of
> speed?
>
> Martin Reading
> Blakley Electrics Limited
>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hello Group

We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost a year now.

Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies generally
and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences in terms of
speed?

Martin Reading
Blakley Electrics Limited
Hi,

Have you tried the UK user group?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Group
>
> We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost a year
now.
>
> Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies generally
> and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences in terms
of
> speed?
>
> Martin Reading
> Blakley Electrics Limited
>
Hi, no I wasnt aware there was a UK yahoo group. Havent stummbled
upon it - do you know the group name?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brychanwilliams" <brychanw@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried the UK user group?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Group
> >
> > We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost a
year
> now.
> >
> > Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies
generally
> > and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences in
terms
> of
> > speed?
> >
> > Martin Reading
> > Blakley Electrics Limited
> >
>
This Yahoo group is a great resource but there is seperate UK user
group.

You will get good answers here but I just thought I would mention the
group.

www.emu-europe.org/home.aspx

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@...> wrote:
>
> Hi, no I wasnt aware there was a UK yahoo group. Havent stummbled
> upon it - do you know the group name?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brychanwilliams" <brychanw@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you tried the UK user group?
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@>
wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Group
> > >
> > > We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost a
> year
> > now.
> > >
> > > Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies
> generally
> > > and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences in
> terms
> > of
> > > speed?
> > >
> > > Martin Reading
> > > Blakley Electrics Limited
> > >
> >
>
Well Ive now signed up for that site - but to be honest not very
informative. Thanks anyway.

So UK users and anyone running V 8 please drop me a line...


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brychanwilliams" <brychanw@...>
wrote:
>
> This Yahoo group is a great resource but there is seperate UK user
> group.
>
> You will get good answers here but I just thought I would mention
the
> group.
>
> www.emu-europe.org/home.aspx
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, no I wasnt aware there was a UK yahoo group. Havent
stummbled
> > upon it - do you know the group name?
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brychanwilliams" <brychanw@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Have you tried the UK user group?
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@>
> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello Group
> > > >
> > > > We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost
a
> > year
> > > now.
> > > >
> > > > Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies
> > generally
> > > > and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences
in
> > terms
> > > of
> > > > speed?
> > > >
> > > > Martin Reading
> > > > Blakley Electrics Limited
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Hi there,

(apologies if this message is duplicated, I sent the first one and the
page crashed out)

We're a UK-based Electronics manufacturer currently running Vantage 4.
We've got Vantage 8.03 installed on a test server and are currently
evaluating what it can bring us. There is a Europe based support group
at www.emu-europe.org. David Robinson ( david.robinson@... )
is the main contact for that. He also used to run a Smart Group based
message board which has since closed down. Personally, I find this
Yahoo group to be far superior to the UK one. I often receive answers
within the day, which even Epicor struggles to match!

The main issues with Vantage 8 are that it is slooow. That's not to say
it is unworkable, but we had to have an Epicor developer sent on-site
to to tweak our setup. However, if you're not moving from an earlier
version of Vantage, your experiences may not be quite so bad. All
depends what sort of speed you're used to, I suppose.

If you want me to share any other Vantage 8 experiences with you, I'll
be happy to do that, on or off this board.

Jonny Waines

RTK Instruments Ltd


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scoobygt4uk" <scoobygt4uk@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Group
>
> We are a UK based manufacturer using Vantage 8.0 for almost a year
now.
>
> Would be most interested in hearing from other UK companies generally
> and also internationally who uses V8 and their experiences in terms
of
> speed?
>
> Martin Reading
> Blakley Electrics Limited
>