When trying to deploy the Help i get this error:

Validating Deployment Data.
Deployment of Help started.

Deployment of Help Failed.
Errors:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ApplicationPoolUserName

Then when I put in a custom user name and password it tells me:

value does not fall within the expected range.

Hi @Will79, are you trying to use field help or application help?

App Configuration–>Extensions–>Help, this is what I get when i try to deploy it so I can use it.

but do you want to display the help of a field or the help of the application?

Application help. That is what the extension in the App Configuring is, correct?

Silly question, but did you configure help in Admin Console?

Yes, I have it up and running now actually and everything is working good. But can’t get the Help to deploy so i can use it.

1 Like

Are you using a valid domain/user for the app pool that has access rights to your network?

Yes. I fixed that yesterday.

Epicor Administration Console > TEST (Selected environment) > Application Server Configuration

Application Server Configuration > Extensions > Epicor Help > Deploy

In Epicor
System Setup > Company/Site Maintenance > General Settings > Help (there copies the extension URL that appears in Application Server Configuration > Extensions > Epicor Help)

"Epicor Administration Console > TEST (Selected environment) > Application Server Configuration

Application Server Configuration > Extensions > Epicor Help > Deploy"

After I hit deploy i get the error i first posted. I fi go and add in an custom log in it tells me that “value does not fall within the expected range.”

Post a screen shot of the settings under the Help Tab you are trying to deploy Help with?

Typically if you upgraded to 10.2 from a previous version of 10. you have to uninstall the previous version of epicor help first. Create a new instance of it and then deploy it.

Well according to that screen shot you aren’t even using a custom account for the app pool.

A custom App pool and user should look like this.

1 Like

Click on ‘New’ to the right of the App Pool name and create a new app pool with a unique name like in my screenshot and enter in the domain user and password.

Same error message as before: Value does not fall within the expected range.

I would look in IIS manager, maybe an app pool for help already exist?

One other thing, when you create the custom app pool, be sure you are selecting ’ ApplicationPoolIdentity’ in the drop down.

This is in a Hyper-v environment not on the same Vm as the SQL. So I was thinking when i set this up I needd to make this custom with an user that had domain privliges. I s this correct?

One additional tidbit is if you are using SSO, the domain user you use for the App pool must be tied to a valid Epicor user.