Interfacing Visual Studio to E10

Im not sure if I am reading this correctly.
I know that I can use you extension in Visual Studio, or I can debug code in Visual Studio.
But can I edit the “GUI” in Visual Studio? Visual Studio is much more user friendly with designing than Epicor is?

“there is a BPM Template for visual studio available at EpicWeb, and for Customizations, you layout your screen with your buttons, labels, textboxes etc… and then, it’s just a matter of hitting Control S (Save) in Epicor to get a copy of the customization.cs file and then create a class project with said file and the required dependencies (most outlined above) for each screen”

You mean GUI? Not you can’t edit the GUI directly in visual studio but with the extension you can edit all the code in visual studio and it automatically downloads all the GUI elements for you and keeps it in sync.
There is also a button to Edit the GUI directly from Visual Studio which takes you right into Edit Mode in Epicor.

lol, yes GUI.
Thanks, was hoping to be able to edit the “GUI” in Visual.
Epicor is not user friendly when trying to shift items around.

@josecgomez, I know this thread is old, however do you have an example of how to set up the DirectiveWrapper project to use IntelliSense on BPM code? I have the project downloaded, just don’t know the next steps. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

On the Epicor Help (F1) Search for Debug BPM Directive
and it will walk you through it

You sir are AWESOME! Thank you for sharing your code!

2 Likes

Do you know where ILaunch is now? It used to be under Ice.Lib.Framework.ILaunch but its not there anymore. We are upgrading to 10.2.700.

Any feedback would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

It’s still there

// O:\Epicor\Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll
// Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib, Version=4.1.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992

// Timestamp: 6136F048 (9/7/2021 4:53:28 AM)

2 Likes

Yeah sorry my bad.