IQS/AQM Blank Title 86572

Before you get too far look at the differences between AQM and Vantage, to you they may not matter or they may be serious hinderances.

For example:

The way Vantage handles companies:

Each row (eg part) has a field of "Company"

The way AQM handles companies (entities in AQM)
Each part has a table of its entities

So what this means:

In Vantage you can have part number 123 exist seperatley in company 1 and company 2

In AQM you can't. Its the same record.

This isn't limited to just parts, I'm just using them as an example.

What it boils down to is basically this, if you are multi company you may have some major issues, if you aren't then you are much better off.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "timdines@..." <tdines@...> wrote:
>
> Do any of you have the IQS software integrated into Vantage? When I began here in November, I noticed that the software is here and installed on a server but not integrated or in use. My next project is to get this running so I am just looking for others that have already tackled the job.
>
> Tim Dines
> Steel Parts Manufacturing, Inc.
>
Do any of you have the IQS software integrated into Vantage? When I began here in November, I noticed that the software is here and installed on a server but not integrated or in use. My next project is to get this running so I am just looking for others that have already tackled the job.

Tim Dines
Steel Parts Manufacturing, Inc.
I went through the process of getting it working several months ago. The
problem with IQS is all the instructions are cryptic and missing a lot of
detail. And then once you get it running you realize that it is missing
vital parts.

I was able to get it running for the most part. I had a lot of help from
members of this group to get it done.

~Charlie

_____

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
timdines@...
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:00 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] IQS/AQM

Do any of you have the IQS software integrated into Vantage? When I began
here in November, I noticed that the software is here and installed on a
server but not integrated or in use. My next project is to get this running
so I am just looking for others that have already tackled the job.

Tim Dines
Steel Parts Manufacturing, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We're just about to go live - probably in the next month or so. We have the connectivity established between Vantage 8.03.407C and the IQS server (via Service Connect), but we're not processing transactions as of yet. We do have certain files that have their changes transmitted daily from Vantage to IQS, but that's all for right now.

Our Quality group has been entering their static data onto IQS; once they feel like they have enough data, we'll put that data in our test environment (a whole other issue!) with the current Vantage backup - and start going through transactional data. Our Quality Manager has some concerns about the flow (like how some things are initiated on one system instead of the other), so we'll get all the questions answered on the test side before we deploy on Production. (Note: That's not to say that transactions haven't been flowing between the two Production systems, we just haven't been monitoring them or concerned ourselves with them yet.)

You'll probably want to check your purchase agreement; training was included with ours. Our training came from IQS - and they don't know anything about Vantage (not their fault) - so don't expect them to explain much about how IQS transactions affect Vantage, and vice-versa. Epicor needs to step up and provide training that EXPLAINS the intergration - as well as the IQS portion - but I won't hold my breath on that one.

You should try to gain an understanding of the technical infrastructure that supports the process. I'd suggest that you take a look at the download documents on the Epicor site; you'll gain some insight from those. Within the past 9 months, they've addressed issues with multi-plant (if you run multi-plant).

Some key names at Epicor: John Akins in Support knows the Vantage/IQS connectivity in-and-out; he's fantastic. If you send a Support Call, he will more than likely be the one assigned - which is a good thing! On the Service Connect side, I've found David Litzau to be really helpful, too.

Let me know if you want more info (include your email address).
Good luck!!

Laraine Song-Treadgold
ERP Administrator
SkoFlo Industries

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Wilson" <foamdesigncsw@...> wrote:
>
> I went through the process of getting it working several months ago. The
> problem with IQS is all the instructions are cryptic and missing a lot of
> detail. And then once you get it running you realize that it is missing
> vital parts.
>
>
>
> I was able to get it running for the most part. I had a lot of help from
> members of this group to get it done.
>
>
>
> ~Charlie
>
> _____
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> timdines@...
> Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:00 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] IQS/AQM
>
>
>
>
>
> Do any of you have the IQS software integrated into Vantage? When I began
> here in November, I noticed that the software is here and installed on a
> server but not integrated or in use. My next project is to get this running
> so I am just looking for others that have already tackled the job.
>
> Tim Dines
> Steel Parts Manufacturing, Inc.
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>