Is this daily process unnecessary?

Hello all, I have a process set running daily that has been in place longer than I have.

Every day at 0100 it runs:

1. Auto Job Completion
  2. Auto Job Closing
  3. Process MRP
  4. Production Planning Process

We have never used the Production Planner Workbench as it is much too slow for our volume of jobs. We have a dashboard that shows the planner all jobs in the queue, and he sets the shop floor date and clicks “update”. This firms and releases the job and sets the Mass Print flag.

Does the Production Planning Process actually do anything? It takes an extra 15 minutes to run, and I’d like to trigger a job firming automation after MRP runs, in order to update negative available warnings on components before the buyers start their day.

Any thoughts?

Sounds straight forward to me. Drop step #4.

1 Like

Going to give it a go. Will monitor in the wee hours to be sure the jobs were created.

The jobs will be created in MRP. The Production Planning Process is only for job selection (as far I understand):

Use the Production Planner Workbench Process to submit selected jobs to the Production Planner Workbench. This sends jobs with a start date the same as, or before, the cutoff date to the workbench for analysis.

yeah exactly, I did see that. However, not all Epicor documentation is created equal!