Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?

Correct!
This phenomenon only occurs in the field inside "Issue Material" but it throws everybody off as they think On Hand means On Hand (and not On Hand +WIP).

Plamen
Systems Administrator
Art Display Co.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Bill King <bking@...> wrote:
>
> Just to make the question clear for me, are you saying that if you have 15 pcs on hand of part A, then issue 4 pcs, you would still show 15 as qty on hand until the job is closed?
>
> Where are you looking to gather your on hand qty?
>
> I apologize if I am misunderstanding your question.
>
>
> BILL R. KING
> J&B Industrial Services
> (806).776.4409 Office
> (254).592.4397 Cell
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plamen21
> Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 11:22 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?
>
>
>
> We wouldn't issue materials that we backflush, and if those didn't show correctly in the Issue Material program nobody would know/care anyway. It is the materials we want to issue that present a problem.
> We complete the jobs, but the material doesn't leave WIP until the jobs are Closed. So we are cursed to always have a WIP difference in the "On Hand Qty" as long as there are jobs that use those materials, even if the jobs were completed.
> Are you doing something we are not doing?
> How do you move WIP into COS when you complete jobs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Plamen
> Systems Administrator
> Art Display Co.
> plamen@...<mailto:plamen%40artdisplayco.com>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Bill King <bking@> wrote:
> >
> > you are on the same ver/patch we are and what you are describing is exactly opposite of what we are experiencing. ours works as we would expect it to. do you back flush material and do you complete your job? this is a bizarre problem.
> >
> >
> > BILL R. KING
> > J&B Industrial Services
> > (806).776.4409 Office
> > (254).592.4397 Cell
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of plamen21
> > Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 10:00 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?
> >
> >
> >
> > Vantage 803.407c
> > When we go to Issue Material the On Hand quantity [within Issue Material] is more than regular on hand quantity. When I looked into Part Tracker-Part Locations -Wip, I found the difference - the WIP quantity.
> > So OnHand = On Hand + WIP (even for jobs that are completed and shippped) This is not making any sense to me (yet)? We are after the On Hand Qty, and thought that's what we were getting.
> > Is this something that can be fixed to show only on hand? I did not see any settings in Company configuration about inventory and WIP.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Plamen
> > Systems Administrator
> > Art Display Co.
> > plamen@<mailto:plamen%40artdisplayco.com>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
> > We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
> >
> > This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
> > the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
> > may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
> > privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> > applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
> > If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> > that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> > communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
> > (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
> > immediately if this is an electronic communication.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
> We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>
> This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
> may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
> (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
> immediately if this is an electronic communication.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Vantage 803.407c
When we go to Issue Material the On Hand quantity [within Issue Material] is more than regular on hand quantity. When I looked into Part Tracker-Part Locations -Wip, I found the difference - the WIP quantity.
So OnHand = On Hand + WIP (even for jobs that are completed and shippped) This is not making any sense to me (yet)? We are after the On Hand Qty, and thought that's what we were getting.
Is this something that can be fixed to show only on hand? I did not see any settings in Company configuration about inventory and WIP.

Thanks,
Plamen
Systems Administrator
Art Display Co.
plamen@...
you are on the same ver/patch we are and what you are describing is exactly opposite of what we are experiencing. ours works as we would expect it to. do you back flush material and do you complete your job? this is a bizarre problem.

BILL R. KING
J&B Industrial Services
(806).776.4409 Office
(254).592.4397 Cell

Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 10:00 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?

Vantage 803.407c
When we go to Issue Material the On Hand quantity [within Issue Material] is more than regular on hand quantity. When I looked into Part Tracker-Part Locations -Wip, I found the difference - the WIP quantity.
So OnHand = On Hand + WIP (even for jobs that are completed and shippped) This is not making any sense to me (yet)? We are after the On Hand Qty, and thought that's what we were getting.
Is this something that can be fixed to show only on hand? I did not see any settings in Company configuration about inventory and WIP.

Thanks,
Plamen
Systems Administrator
Art Display Co.
plamen@...<mailto:plamen%40artdisplayco.com>

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We wouldn't issue materials that we backflush, and if those didn't show correctly in the Issue Material program nobody would know/care anyway. It is the materials we want to issue that present a problem.
We complete the jobs, but the material doesn't leave WIP until the jobs are Closed. So we are cursed to always have a WIP difference in the "On Hand Qty" as long as there are jobs that use those materials, even if the jobs were completed.
Are you doing something we are not doing?
How do you move WIP into COS when you complete jobs?

Thanks,

Plamen
Systems Administrator
Art Display Co.
plamen@...

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Bill King <bking@...> wrote:
>
> you are on the same ver/patch we are and what you are describing is exactly opposite of what we are experiencing. ours works as we would expect it to. do you back flush material and do you complete your job? this is a bizarre problem.
>
>
> BILL R. KING
> (806).776.4409 Office
> (254).592.4397 Cell
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plamen21
> Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 10:00 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?
>
>
>
> Vantage 803.407c
> When we go to Issue Material the On Hand quantity [within Issue Material] is more than regular on hand quantity. When I looked into Part Tracker-Part Locations -Wip, I found the difference - the WIP quantity.
> So OnHand = On Hand + WIP (even for jobs that are completed and shippped) This is not making any sense to me (yet)? We are after the On Hand Qty, and thought that's what we were getting.
> Is this something that can be fixed to show only on hand? I did not see any settings in Company configuration about inventory and WIP.
>
> Thanks,
> Plamen
> Systems Administrator
> Art Display Co.
>
>
>
>
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
> We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
Just to make the question clear for me, are you saying that if you have 15 pcs on hand of part A, then issue 4 pcs, you would still show 15 as qty on hand until the job is closed?

Where are you looking to gather your on hand qty?

I apologize if I am misunderstanding your question.

BILL R. KING
J&B Industrial Services
(806).776.4409 Office
(254).592.4397 Cell

Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 11:22 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?

We wouldn't issue materials that we backflush, and if those didn't show correctly in the Issue Material program nobody would know/care anyway. It is the materials we want to issue that present a problem.
We complete the jobs, but the material doesn't leave WIP until the jobs are Closed. So we are cursed to always have a WIP difference in the "On Hand Qty" as long as there are jobs that use those materials, even if the jobs were completed.
Are you doing something we are not doing?
How do you move WIP into COS when you complete jobs?

Thanks,

Plamen
Systems Administrator
Art Display Co.
plamen@...<mailto:plamen%40artdisplayco.com>

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Bill King <bking@...> wrote:
>
> you are on the same ver/patch we are and what you are describing is exactly opposite of what we are experiencing. ours works as we would expect it to. do you back flush material and do you complete your job? this is a bizarre problem.
>
>
> BILL R. KING
> (806).776.4409 Office
> (254).592.4397 Cell
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of plamen21
> Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 10:00 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Issue Material - On Hand includes On Hand + WIP?
>
>
>
> Vantage 803.407c
> When we go to Issue Material the On Hand quantity [within Issue Material] is more than regular on hand quantity. When I looked into Part Tracker-Part Locations -Wip, I found the difference - the WIP quantity.
> So OnHand = On Hand + WIP (even for jobs that are completed and shippped) This is not making any sense to me (yet)? We are after the On Hand Qty, and thought that's what we were getting.
> Is this something that can be fixed to show only on hand? I did not see any settings in Company configuration about inventory and WIP.
>
> Thanks,
> Plamen
> Systems Administrator
> Art Display Co.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

I am in the position of needing a new server, but we are not ready to go to version 9. Our current server is 5 years old and we can't get any maintenance on it, so if it crashes I'm on my own.
I don't want to purchase a server that only version 6.1 will run on, which will prevent us from upgrading to version 9. So I think I'm kind of stuck.

If I understand - Vantage 6.1 (Progress) will not run on Server 2008, especially the 64 bit version.
But Epicor 9 runs on 64 bit-Server 2008.

Did I see someone's post that you can use a virtualized server to run Vantage 6.1 in a Server 2003 environment??
If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can keep running Vantage 6.1, but not limit myself by purchasing a new server for Vantage 6.1 and then have to turn around and purchase a new server for the next version of Vantage, please let me know.
I hope this makes some sense.
Nancy

It should be no problem to run a virtualized 6.1 install. I would get the newest Server 2008 R2 since Hyper-V had some overhauls. Then you can run a virtual instance of Server 2003. Assuming you are replacing your existing server, you can reuse the existing 2003 license. Otherwise you can buy an Enterprise license which allows up to 4 virtual instances. I'm not sure if Epicor has/will certify 2008 R2 for E9, but you could always run a Server 2008 virtual instance on top of 2008 R2. There's a lot of configuration minutiae to take care of but hopefully that points you in the right direction.
Good luck,
Jared

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Dunn, Nancy" <ndunn@...> wrote:
>
> I am in the position of needing a new server, but we are not ready to go to version 9. Our current server is 5 years old and we can't get any maintenance on it, so if it crashes I'm on my own.
> I don't want to purchase a server that only version 6.1 will run on, which will prevent us from upgrading to version 9. So I think I'm kind of stuck.
>
> If I understand - Vantage 6.1 (Progress) will not run on Server 2008, especially the 64 bit version.
> But Epicor 9 runs on 64 bit-Server 2008.
>
> Did I see someone's post that you can use a virtualized server to run Vantage 6.1 in a Server 2003 environment??
> If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can keep running Vantage 6.1, but not limit myself by purchasing a new server for Vantage 6.1 and then have to turn around and purchase a new server for the next version of Vantage, please let me know.
> I hope this makes some sense.
> Nancy
>
>
>
Thank you Jared.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of k99ja04
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:36 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Vantage 6.1 - Epicor 9

It should be no problem to run a virtualized 6.1 install. I would get the newest Server 2008 R2 since Hyper-V had some overhauls. Then you can run a virtual instance of Server 2003. Assuming you are replacing your existing server, you can reuse the existing 2003 license. Otherwise you can buy an Enterprise license which allows up to 4 virtual instances. I'm not sure if Epicor has/will certify 2008 R2 for E9, but you could always run a Server 2008 virtual instance on top of 2008 R2. There's a lot of configuration minutiae to take care of but hopefully that points you in the right direction.
Good luck,
Jared

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "Dunn, Nancy" <ndunn@...> wrote:
>
> I am in the position of needing a new server, but we are not ready to go to version 9. Our current server is 5 years old and we can't get any maintenance on it, so if it crashes I'm on my own.
> I don't want to purchase a server that only version 6.1 will run on, which will prevent us from upgrading to version 9. So I think I'm kind of stuck.
>
> If I understand - Vantage 6.1 (Progress) will not run on Server 2008, especially the 64 bit version.
> But Epicor 9 runs on 64 bit-Server 2008.
>
> Did I see someone's post that you can use a virtualized server to run Vantage 6.1 in a Server 2003 environment??
> If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can keep running Vantage 6.1, but not limit myself by purchasing a new server for Vantage 6.1 and then have to turn around and purchase a new server for the next version of Vantage, please let me know.
> I hope this makes some sense.
> Nancy
>
>
>