JOB Entry -- Operations

Thank you, I will give it a try.

In Epicor 10 for a specific job, when employees add an operation (e.g. operation 10), is it possible to not proceed with next operation (e.g. operation 20), until someone would sign/approve for it.

The reason I want to do this is to keep tracking in Epicor, so operation 10 starts, there are 20 pieces made and then in reality someone would receive those 20 pieces and authorize/sign for next operation. This currently happens but just on paper, and a lot of parts are missing.

What I would like is to keep track, and limit them to start the next operation until I see that there is an approval in Epicor from the person in charge. Then I would know whoever authorized next operation and why parts are missing.

I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Has anyone thought of this before, or is it possible to do it? If yes, how?

Thank you very much!

Sure it’s very possible, if you throw enough C# code at it ☺

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
D&S Manufacturing
301 E. Main St. | PO Box 279
Black River Falls, WI 54615
715-284-5376 Ext. 311
Mobile: 715-896-3119
rbucek@...
Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 4:08 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] JOB Entry -- Operations

In Epicor 10 for a specific job, when employees add an operation (e.g. operation 10), is it possible to not proceed with next operation (e.g. operation 20), until someone would sign/approve for it.

The reason I want to do this is to keep tracking in Epicor, so operation 10 starts, there are 20 pieces made and then in reality someone would receive those 20 pieces and authorize/sign for next operation. This currently happens but just on paper, and a lot of parts are missing.

What I would like is to keep track, and limit them to start the next operation until I see that there is an approval in Epicor from the person in charge. Then I would know whoever authorized next operation and why parts are missing.

I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Has anyone thought of this before, or is it possible to do it? If yes, how?

Thank you very much!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1 Like
Well I thought there were other methods like BPM or something.
I will get to coding then.. :)
Have you done something similar or that was your suggesstion?
Thanks!
A BPM will work but again you'll probably have to code in the BPM. Is not that hard of a problem to do though

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM, ionut.rus@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Well I thought there were other methods like BPM or something.</p><div>I will get to coding then.. :)</div><div>Have you done something similar or that was your suggesstion?</div><div>Thanks!</div><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Jose can you give me some tips or suggestions?
Thanks
Basically write a Pre Processing BPM on LaborEntry.Update that checks to make sure that the preevious operation has been completed and "approved"... the "Approved bit may be a simple UD Field that the manager fills in with a BPM Form and their username / passsword? Then if that field is set allow the change otherwise prompt from the approval with the BPM Form.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:36 AM, ionut.rus@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Jose can you give me some tips or suggestions?</p><div>Thanks</div><p></p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-1894601230">

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>