Job Traveler Barcode Issues

Test Case has more than one assembly in the job? In that case, sub assembly.

Whenyou say test case, do you mean different types of jobs?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 9:30 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Job Traveler Barcode Issues

Is it possible that the field is truncated?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of
PonyPower362
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:12 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] Job Traveler Barcode Issues

Hi-

I am adding a barcode field on our job traveler based on the
JobAsmbl.PartNum field. The barcode printed out and scanned perfectly fine
on all but one of my test cases where the barcode did not print at all. I
checked the string length to see if there were any hidden non-printable
characters, and string length matches character output. Converted string to
ASCII to verify characters within string were as represented visually, and
that checked out. The barcode field @PrintAsmBCPartNum that is native to the
report prints fine. Anybody have any other ideas as to what would cause this
issue?

Thanks,

Erin Freese
Suburban Manufacturing
Monticello, MN

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hi-

I am adding a barcode field on our job traveler based on the JobAsmbl.PartNum field. The barcode printed out and scanned perfectly fine on all but one of my test cases where the barcode did not print at all. I checked the string length to see if there were any hidden non-printable characters, and string length matches character output. Converted string to ASCII to verify characters within string were as represented visually, and that checked out. The barcode field @PrintAsmBCPartNum that is native to the report prints fine. Anybody have any other ideas as to what would cause this issue?

Thanks,

Erin Freese
Suburban Manufacturing
Monticello, MN
Any formatting conditions on field? Suppress if ?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of PonyPower362
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 10:12 AM

Hi-

I am adding a barcode field on our job traveler based on the JobAsmbl.PartNum field. The barcode printed out and scanned perfectly fine on all but one of my test cases where the barcode did not print at all. I checked the string length to see if there were any hidden non-printable characters, and string length matches character output. Converted string to ASCII to verify characters within string were as represented visually, and that checked out. The barcode field @PrintAsmBCPartNum that is native to the report prints fine. Anybody have any other ideas as to what would cause this issue?

Thanks,

Erin Freese
Suburban Manufacturing
Monticello, MN

If your trying to add a partnum barcode field for assm but epicor already has one, why can't you just use a copy of their field?

Joshua Giese

CTO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 10:12:22 AM

Hi-

Thanks,

Erin Freese
Suburban Manufacturing
Monticello, MN

Is it possible that the field is truncated?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
PonyPower362
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Hi-

I am adding a barcode field on our job traveler based on the
JobAsmbl.PartNum field. The barcode printed out and scanned perfectly fine
on all but one of my test cases where the barcode did not print at all. I
checked the string length to see if there were any hidden non-printable
characters, and string length matches character output. Converted string to
ASCII to verify characters within string were as represented visually, and
that checked out. The barcode field @PrintAsmBCPartNum that is native to the
report prints fine. Anybody have any other ideas as to what would cause this
issue?

Thanks,

Erin Freese
Suburban Manufacturing
Monticello, MN

Problem resolved. Changed field to barcode and selected Code 39 Full ASCII instead of the plain Code 39 and the missing partnum now shows and scans correctly (and so do the ones that originally printed out OK as well:-). Thanks for all your suggestions. I needed to concatenate the partnum field with 3 other fields, so copying the existing barcode field wasn't going to work for this situation.

Regards,

Erin Freese
Suburban Manufacturing
Monticello, MN

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "PonyPower362" <efreese@...> wrote:
>
> Hi-
>
> I am adding a barcode field on our job traveler based on the JobAsmbl.PartNum field. The barcode printed out and scanned perfectly fine on all but one of my test cases where the barcode did not print at all. I checked the string length to see if there were any hidden non-printable characters, and string length matches character output. Converted string to ASCII to verify characters within string were as represented visually, and that checked out. The barcode field @PrintAsmBCPartNum that is native to the report prints fine. Anybody have any other ideas as to what would cause this issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erin Freese
> Suburban Manufacturing
> Monticello, MN
>