Job won't schedule some operations

I see the duplicated resources on that job.That's probably what the problem is. I think it probably happened because I tried to DMT in a related operation. There is a bug in the get details routine where the operations of assemblies that are phantom BOM's end up with the same Operation sequence as the level above.

A little back story if anyone is interested:

We put on a backflush operation on all Phantom BOM's so that we can put a comment on the traveler that says what part number the phantom BOM is in case they need to look up a print.The phantom function pushes the operation up to the next level and it works well. Because of that we usually get about 5-10 backflush operations on the top level and the related assemblies are supposed to be related to the backflush operation that was on it's original BOM in the part master (with a new sequence number). When it works it's really nice because you can flatten the structure but still be able to follow the structure through the prints.

That being said, the operations below these assemblies (like a lasered part that goes into a weldment) assign the same number (for example op 70 is a valid backflush op on the top level) and the operation for an assembly below will be set as 70, which is invalid. It's supposed to be 10 for laser. You can go through the job and fix them manually, but it's a pain so I tried a DMT for this job since there were so many. Obviously it caused a problem.

I have the bug called into Epicor service, but I have yet to have them fix an actual problem with the program. The best that I have gotten for any issue is a work around via an updateable dashboard, and sometimes (If I can explain it well enough)  I get an answer on what we are doing wrong in the case of user error.
I have a job where some of the operations won't schedule. It won't give me a start/due date and so the time phase/purchase suggestions won't act right. I keep trying to reschedule and it will not schedule the operations. I've tried removing whole job from the schedule and rescheduling, but the same operations will not schedule. They are isolated to certain assemblies. The operations on the assembly show that they are scheduled, but for every part underneath that assembly, none of the operations will schedule. Because of this, the materials don't have a due date to generate a purchase suggestion. If anyone has seen this problem before and has a solution, let me know.

in which version of Epicor ?
E-10
does the operation have SETUP or PRODUCTION TIME > 0 ?
We aren't using production times for anything yet except for the laser (we don't use the capacity planning part of scheduling yet), so everything is set to 0. It hasn't been problem so far. This is the first time this seems to be happening.
Zero times will still create  a schedule record in the resourcetimeused table.

Make sure you don't have duplicated resources in job entry/operations/job details/scheduling resources/list

You can't schedule a resource twice at the same time for a job op.

This comes up here a few times a year for us. (User entry error.)

Rob Brown
Versa Products

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:08 PM, brandonanderson7979@... [vantage]
<vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

<div id="ygrps-yiv-971073838ygrp-text">

<p>We aren&#39;t using production times for anything yet except for the laser (we don&#39;t use the capacity planning part of scheduling yet), so everything is set to 0. It hasn&#39;t been problem so far. This is the first time this seems to be happening.</p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div></div>