Just me or is EpicCare dying or dead?

Okay Jose, thank you.

not to alt-hijack a hijacked thread but I had a call from Epicor and replicated the Epiccare problem. It’s a ServiceNow (ticketing / KB provider) issue, we were able to see it in the KB search filter affecting both KB search by itself and the search that runs when you start typing a case title. Somehow it hangs and when it hangs it blocks further input. We recorded a zoom meeting to send to servicenow.

Very nice to see them jump on a problem like this. I really think big E’s service is improving.

3 Likes

Not sure I’d go as far as saying that just yet. But at least they looked into this issue.

1 Like

Hey all, there’s an Epicor employee updating me on this. Says their KB/Case system provider ServiceNow can replicate some but not all issues. Is asking if others would be willing to share their EpicCare emails and search queries used. His name/email is Richard Gutierrez / richard.gutierrez@epicor.com

1 Like

Hi All,

I am part of the team that develops and supports EpicCare. I am going back and forth with ServiceNow and they are having a problem replicating the issue talked about in this forum. Is anyone still having this issue today? If you could record your screen to capture the issue if it persists. Please email captured symptoms to richard.gutierrez@epicor.com

6 Likes

I opened a case on 2/16 about how searching case and problem descriptions seems to use a word search instead of a full-text search. For example, searching for “UOM” will only return results containing “UOM” alone, not “UOMConv”. This makes things difficult to find and wastes everyone’s time.

They came back with a KB article about search “wildcards” that don’t work like familiar filesystem globs or regex patterns. That KB article was written the same day they responded, so I wonder if this is a new “feature” that was hacked in and maybe broke something. I think my search results without wildcards changed around that time, but it’s hard to be sure.

1 Like