Kind of Quality Mark?

We do something similar also. We have a computer at the final build station and require the person to scan in their badge prior to producing labels to complete the product. This is based loosely on the report quantity screen, but we have customized it heavily. We have controls for this by employee (who can be a final builder) and by resource group as it is not required everywhere.

Once captured we can print the badge and/or name on doucuments and it is held in a UD table for product history purposes.

We now also capture the badge of the person performing the packing (customer shipment entry) process.

Brad Boes

Metalworks

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rbucek@...> wrote:

We maintain a unique ‘PIN’ number for each employee in the employee basic table for use in some specific processes. You then could use either a method or data directive to call a BPM form for them to enter their PIN number, validate that number against their login information and either allow the transaction to occur or raise an exception.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of amelie.pelletier@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:17 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Kind of Quality Mark?

Hi,

In my company, user are putting a stamp on some papers to indicate they have worked on this and that everything is fine. I would like to do it , but on epicor. For example, before they can ship a part, two user has to put their personal "numeric id" or stamp or something directly in epicor.

Did any of you already did such a thing? Do you have any idea how I could make this work?

I thought to add a ud field in employee id that would be their password, and make them enter it and then check if it's right....

Or maybe I could make then scan their employee card into two ud field in the customer shipment or in the order entry screen or on a full ud screen that would fill two fields somewhere and make sure those fields are full before the end of the process.

Amélie

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi,

In my company, user are putting a stamp on some papers to indicate they have worked on this and that everything is fine.  I would like to do it , but on epicor.  For example, before they can ship a part, two user has to put their personal "numeric id" or stamp or something directly in epicor.

Did any of you already did such a thing?  Do you have any idea how I could make this work?

I thought to add a ud field in employee id that would be their password, and make them enter it and then check if it's right....

Or maybe I could make then scan their employee card into two ud field in the customer shipment or in the order entry screen or on a full ud screen that would fill two fields somewhere and make sure those fields are full before the end of the process.

Amélie
We maintain a unique ‘PIN’ number for each employee in the employee basic table for use in some specific processes. You then could use either a method or data directive to call a BPM form for them to enter their PIN number, validate that number against their login information and either allow the transaction to occur or raise an exception.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of amelie.pelletier@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:17 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Kind of Quality Mark?

Hi,

In my company, user are putting a stamp on some papers to indicate they have worked on this and that everything is fine. I would like to do it , but on epicor. For example, before they can ship a part, two user has to put their personal "numeric id" or stamp or something directly in epicor.

Did any of you already did such a thing? Do you have any idea how I could make this work?

Amélie

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]