Kinetic Application Maintenance Missing After Updating to 2022.2.5

Just updated epicor and now Kinetic Application Maintenance doesn’t show in my menu.

I had app link on my desktop of it and when I click it I get a “Access not allowed” error.

I’m trying to change some of my screens back to classic to avoid the kinetic bugs. Anyone else missing “Kinetic Application Maintenance” after updating to the latest version of Epicor?

I don’t have a 2022.2 test environment up yet (today I hope!), but could you go into Menu Maintenance, and change the application type there? I’m curious to see once we get our test environment up…

Its now in Menu Maintenance ( Kinetic Version ) You can control what Customization of each ( Classic or Kinetic ) opens

The non support of new functions in classic has begun…

1 Like

but can you do it in mass, like in the previous app/tool? It doesn’t look like you can without doing a DefaultApp column update on the Menu table.

I cant answer that as I have never done a mass update to menu structure( we have few enough Customizations to do them manually) .

The original question was Kinetic Application Maintenance Missing, Just answering that it was combined with the Kinetic Menu Maint screen.

My rant about “The non support of new functions in classic has begun” was reference to the screen, not the functionality.

Dean

Clicking that box adds -KineticUI to the argument for the menu item. I’m guessing you could do a DMT update? I haven’t looked into this, so I’m not 100% it would work.

1 Like

If only I could open the Menu Maintenance (Kinetic Version). Epicor has a mind of it’s own and opens the classic version, no matter what my personal preferences are. In previous versions, I used Kinetic Application Maintenance to force Menu Maintenance to open in the Kinetic Version. Now I’m stuck, unless that silly banner at the top shows up randomly asking if I want to open the kinetic version.

I guess I got it to open in kinetic by changing the menu items “Form to Use” to Kinetic, using the classic Menu Maintenance. Maybe they fixed it in the new releases. In the past I found that field to be hit or miss in the Menu Maintenance. Hopefully it’s more reliable from now on.

Have you tried holding down key and clicking on Menu Maint ?
This technique is sketchy as we are on an RDS environment.
Option B, Create a new menu item in Classic Menu Maint ( Location up to you) , Kinetic App, Ice.UI.MenuMEntry

Close, reopen Epicor and Navigate to where you put the Menu item.

Dean

Holding the “down” key while clicking? I’ve never heard of that before is that supposed to open apps in Kinetic?

Opps the ALT key

You can also use the browser. If you use the home page URL and log in with the browser you will get the UX platform UI because it cannot run the smart client.

You can but it is not exactly the same thing. In the previous Kinetic Application Maintenance form that set or unset a ‘feature flag’ to set a company to default to the Kinetic UI or not. That flag is now on for all customers by default and they removed ability to change it in the UI.
But what you can do is open the UX platform Menu Maintenance form, click on Main Menu (the root menu) Then in the overflow menu for it select Kinetic Options. if you check the first box - all menu items in main menu will default “Form to Choose” to kinetic. If you set them both it will default “Form to Choose” to ‘user choice’. If you leave them blank it will default ‘Form To Choose’ to Classic.

Remember after using this to refresh your menu (overflow menu for entire app) to ensure you see the changes take affect.

But also remember if as an admin you force it to Kinetic or Classic at the menu item level you are DISABLING the ability of a user to decide what they want to see. When set at the menu it is considered an administrative override.

7 Likes

Thanks @pferrington!

1 Like

Unlike turning the UI off with Kinetic Application Maintenance, this does not suppress the snooze banner from appearing.

Kinetic Application Maintenance was nice because you could control the new UI exposure if you are not ready to introduce the new UI.

1 Like

naggingdownload