Kinetic is the New Name for Epicor ERP

Just goes to show how smart you are - choosing comedy over Physics!

2 Likes

Ouch… Ctrl-H, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V are gonna get a hell of a workout. I salute you Keyboard Warrior lol

2 Likes

One UI to find them? One UI to bring them all and in the darkness bind them?

1 Like

You really think marketing folks know

mgh ---> 1/2mv^2

??

2 Likes

I like that the ERP will have a different name than the company that owns it. I’ll still call it Epicor for like a decade, though.

So… How does the funky E logo work now? E for Kinetic?

I guess along the physics idea, that works…

Ugh - work/energy pun. Curse you @Mark_Wonsil! I can’t escape the gravitational pull of this pun you started!

1 Like

Re: Logo I mean The company is still Epicor so I guess that’s ok kind of lol

1 Like

So it V10 going away or they just adding Kinetic to this product list?

Epicor ERP version 11 is what will be Kinetic. Not sure how they will version that if they will say Kinetic alone or like Kinetic v11 but Epicor ERP anything will likely remain named the same and you will see Kinetic (something) added to that list

best way to think about their progression Vista 6, Vantage 8, Epicor ERP 9-10, Kinetic 11

3 Likes

Hasn’t “Epicor ERP 11” already been released? Kind of missed the perfect opportunity for a name change.

P.S. - I’m offended that you left Vista 4 off that list. That was my first intro to Epicor.

2 Likes

11 isn’t GA until June.
Beyond 6 no one cares that’s like the elephant graveyard in the Lion King you just don’t go there and if anyone asks about v7 well…

4 Likes

I just went to epicor.com and searched for “Kinetic”

Results: 2

Kinetic goes GA in June Calvin given them a sec lol

To be fair, epicor.com is the most useless website out there. EpicWeb and Epicare are useful. Epicor.com is simply a sales pitch.

3 Likes

Well … went to epicweb.epicor.com and was presented with:

“ERP Cloud 11” sure is a funny way to spell “Kinetic”

3 Likes

I don’t know Brian, keeping “Epicor” in the name seems a little dangerous don’t ya think??? :grimacing:

I think Epicor should change the new June release name to just a symbol… :slight_smile:

Something like:

Or…

image image

5 Likes

It’s a rebrand is going to take a minute… jesus guys
If by June 11 it still says Epicor ERP 11 then feel free to drag them, but until then…

Its a re-brand in progress and it even says in the announcement General Release June 10th 2021

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Old Epicor Software for Sale! Buy it now! no Questions asked :rofl:

Before:
Epicor ERP 11.1.100

Now:
Kinetic 2021.1

2 Likes

Is that for real, or your guess and/or suggestion ?

And you sure it wouldn’t be:
Epicor Kinetic 2021.1

Yes. The company is still Epicor but I believe the new name of the software isn’t implicitly Epicor Kinetic, just “Kinetic”