Kit component issue in 9.05.702A

Try SCR 72851 (16698ESC)

Steve

Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 5:29 PM
To: vantage@...
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Kit component issue in 9.05.702A

Steve,

I work with Ivan and have been talking to Epicor about the issue.  I have not been able to get them to recognize that this is a bug, for some reason they are seeing this as working by design.  This despite the fact that I showed the technician that the components go under the wrong part in the sales order.

Do you have a ticket number or an SCR number that I could toss their way?

Thanks for your help!

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Steve <vantage@...> wrote:

This is a bug and is scheduled to be fixed in 703 release.  The only workaround is to have the Kit part on the last line.

Steve

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vampman_gmail
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 1:15 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Kit component issue in 9.05.702A

I've ran into an interesting thing while testing 702A that I think is a bug. Only problem is that I don't have a vanilla install to test out to make sure it isn't one of my customizations interfering with the business object.

I create an order with multiple lines of purchased parts. I then go back to the first line and change the first part to a kitted part. When I save the part the kit components are added to the order. Except that it adds the components as designated by line 1 to the last line of the order based on the quantity of this last line. Anyone else see this behavior?

Additionally, if I change the second line to a kitted part, it says it is adding the kit components, but the order doesn't actually increase in size (number of lines). If I look at the data in a sql query (on the database) I see that the second set of kit components get marked with DisplaySeq of 0.0001-0.00X (where x is based on the number of components).

If you have experienced this in the past, what was your work around?

If you haven't experienced this and are setup to test this in a vanilla install, do you get the same results?

--

Thanks,

Ivan A. Wright | Systems Interface Development | NRS, Inc.

2009 S. Main St. Moscow, ID 83843

ivan@... | www.nrs.com

p: 208.883.7834 Ext.262 | f: 208.882.1744

--

I've ran into an interesting thing while testing 702A that I think is a bug. Only problem is that I don't have a vanilla install to test out to make sure it isn't one of my customizations interfering with the business object.

I create an order with multiple lines of purchased parts. I then go back to the first line and change the first part to a kitted part. When I save the part the kit components are added to the order. Except that it adds the components as designated by line 1 to the last line of the order based on the quantity of this last line. Anyone else see this behavior?

Additionally, if I change the second line to a kitted part, it says it is adding the kit components, but the order doesn't actually increase in size (number of lines). If I look at the data in a sql query (on the database) I see that the second set of kit components get marked with DisplaySeq of 0.0001-0.00X (where x is based on the number of components).

If you haven't experienced this and are setup to test this in a vanilla install, do you get the same results?

--

Thanks,

ivan@... | www.nrs.com

This is a bug and is scheduled to be fixed in 703 release.  The only workaround is to have the Kit part on the last line.

Steve

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vampman_gmail
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 1:15 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Kit component issue in 9.05.702A

--

Thanks,

ivan@... | www.nrs.com