Lot Number for Qty Adjustments

That was it, thanks. I had to give the user access to BOTH Lot Number maintenance and Part maintenance in Material Management-> Inventory Management-> Setup or it was no-go. Weird.
Â
Regards, -Karl

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 4:44 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Lot Number for Qty Adjustments

Â

We had a similiar problem with lots on Customer Shipments when we upgraded to 9.05.603.
We gave the users access to Lot Number Mtnc, but that wasn't enough.
Support has told us that users also must have access to Part Mtnc in order to create lots.
When I requested more information on the process (since Receiving does not work that way), support simply stated it was work as designed.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karl Dash <dashkarl@...> wrote:
>
> I have just implemented a process for our stockroom personnel to put a part on lot control. They first adjust the quantity to zero, flag the part to be lot tracked and then up-adjust the parts with a lot number. I can do this quite easily but then I'm admin. When our stockroom manager tried this she received the error message 'Invalid Lot Number' with the following detail.
> Exception caught in: Epicor.Mfg.BO.InventoryQtyAdj
> Error Detail
> ============
> Message: Invalid Lot number.
> Type: Error
> Program: bo/InventoryQtyAdj.p
> Method: validations
> Table: ttInventoryQtyAdj
> Row:
> Field: LotNum
> Â
> Stack Trace
> ===========
> Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.InventoryQtyAdjImpl.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
> Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.InventoryQtyAdjAdapter.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
> Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.InventoryQtyAdjEntry.Transaction.OK()
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> I followed up and did the same transaction and had no problem creating the lot number. This would seem to be a permissions issue, but what? I looked at process security and bo.InventoryQtyAdj was open to everyone.
> Â
> Thanks, -Karl
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have just implemented a process for our stockroom personnel to put a part on lot control. They first adjust the quantity to zero, flag the part to be lot tracked and then up-adjust the parts with a lot number. I can do this quite easily but then I'm admin. When our stockroom manager tried this she received the error message 'Invalid Lot Number' with the following detail.
Exception caught in: Epicor.Mfg.BO.InventoryQtyAdj
Error Detail
============
Type: Error
Program: bo/InventoryQtyAdj.p
Method: validations
Table: ttInventoryQtyAdj
Row:
Field: LotNum
Â
Stack Trace
===========
  at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.InventoryQtyAdjImpl.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
  at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.InventoryQtyAdjAdapter.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
  at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.InventoryQtyAdjEntry.Transaction.OK()
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I followed up and did the same transaction and had no problem creating the lot number. This would seem to be a permissions issue, but what? I looked at process security and bo.InventoryQtyAdj was open to everyone.
Â
Thanks, -Karl

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We had a similiar problem with lots on Customer Shipments when we upgraded to 9.05.603.
We gave the users access to Lot Number Mtnc, but that wasn't enough.
Support has told us that users also must have access to Part Mtnc in order to create lots.
When I requested more information on the process (since Receiving does not work that way), support simply stated it was work as designed.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karl Dash <dashkarl@...> wrote:
>
> I have just implemented a process for our stockroom personnel to put a part on lot control. They first adjust the quantity to zero, flag the part to be lot tracked and then up-adjust the parts with a lot number. I can do this quite easily but then I'm admin. When our stockroom manager tried this she received the error message 'Invalid Lot Number' with the following detail.
> Exception caught in: Epicor.Mfg.BO.InventoryQtyAdj
> Error Detail
> ============
> Message: Invalid Lot number.
> Type: Error
> Program: bo/InventoryQtyAdj.p
> Method: validations
> Table: ttInventoryQtyAdj
> Row:
> Field: LotNum
> Â
> Stack Trace
> ===========
> Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.InventoryQtyAdjImpl.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
> Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.InventoryQtyAdjAdapter.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
> Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.InventoryQtyAdjEntry.Transaction.OK()
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> I followed up and did the same transaction and had no problem creating the lot number. This would seem to be a permissions issue, but what? I looked at process security and bo.InventoryQtyAdj was open to everyone.
> Â
> Thanks, -Karl
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I think if you give them access to Part Maintenance but only to a menu item where you have customized the form so they can't save anything (hide all the fields) or perhaps by limiting that security group's ability to actually do updates on Part (BPM) , this may trick the system into letting them do lot maintenance
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <jbillet@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> We had a similiar problem with lots on Customer Shipments when we upgraded to 9.05.603.
> We gave the users access to Lot Number Mtnc, but that wasn't enough.
> Support has told us that users also must have access to Part Mtnc in order to create lots.
> When I requested more information on the process (since Receiving does not work that way), support simply stated it was work as designed.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karl Dash <dashkarl@> wrote:
> >
> > I have just implemented a process for our stockroom personnel to put a part on lot control. They first adjust the quantity to zero, flag the part to be lot tracked and then up-adjust the parts with a lot number. I can do this quite easily but then I'm admin. When our stockroom manager tried this she received the error message 'Invalid Lot Number' with the following detail.
> > Exception caught in: Epicor.Mfg.BO.InventoryQtyAdj
> > Error Detail
> > ============
> > Message: Invalid Lot number.
> > Type: Error
> > Program: bo/InventoryQtyAdj.p
> > Method: validations
> > Table: ttInventoryQtyAdj
> > Row:
> > Field: LotNum
> > Â
> > Stack Trace
> > ===========
> > Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.InventoryQtyAdjImpl.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
> > Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.InventoryQtyAdjAdapter.SetInventoryQtyAdj(InventoryQtyAdjDataSet ds)
> > Â Â at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.InventoryQtyAdjEntry.Transaction.OK()
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > I followed up and did the same transaction and had no problem creating the lot number. This would seem to be a permissions issue, but what? I looked at process security and bo.InventoryQtyAdj was open to everyone.
> > Â
> > Thanks, -Karl
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>