Lot Number Generation

Hi Cathy,
I've been working off and on with this for the past couple of months; I'm about 75% done, but I haven't worked on it in over a month. Basically - we're OK with a sequential lot number to be assigned at Receiving (we don't typically assign lots elsewhere).

Take a look at #5867ESC to generate and store a sequential number (Epicor uses the Company table). The next part of my development is to deploy a button - "Get Next Key"(?) in Receipt Entry to grab that sequential number and store it in a UD field.

I've seen others in this group post similar solutions, including Bill's (using the datetime stamp). Between the postings with this group, Epicor's site and the Tools User Guide, I've been able to limp through most of this development (still need to take a 4GL/.net class!).

Good luck!
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Bill King <bking@...> wrote:
>
> We use the job number for manufactured parts, for the purchased parts we use a date-time stamp formatted as YYMMDD-five digit time stamp.
>
>
>
> BILL R. KING
> (806).776.4409 Office
> (806).749.7119 Fax
> (254).592.4397 Cell
>
> ________________________________
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cd_tdc
> Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:05 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Lot Number Generation
>
>
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for how to get Vantage to automatically generate a lot number for both purchased parts and manufactured parts? We are on Vantage version 8.00.812A. We could use the job number as the lot number, but that doesn't help with the purchased parts. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this. Thanks, Cathy
>
>
> ________________________________
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
> We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>
> This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
> may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
> (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
> immediately if this is an electronic communication.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Does anyone have a suggestion for how to get Vantage to automatically generate a lot number for both purchased parts and manufactured parts? We are on Vantage version 8.00.812A. We could use the job number as the lot number, but that doesn't help with the purchased parts. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this. Thanks, Cathy
We use the job number for manufactured parts, for the purchased parts we use a date-time stamp formatted as YYMMDD-five digit time stamp.

BILL R. KING
(806).776.4409 Office
(806).749.7119 Fax
(254).592.4397 Cell

Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:05 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Lot Number Generation

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to get Vantage to automatically generate a lot number for both purchased parts and manufactured parts? We are on Vantage version 8.00.812A. We could use the job number as the lot number, but that doesn't help with the purchased parts. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this. Thanks, Cathy

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]