Maintenance Contract Costs - Vantage 8.03.409a

Thanks guys... have advised her to check which type of maintenance we had / have been billed for this year. It's not so much paying the maintenance contract as paying for an increase with decreased support!

Epicor 9 is on the cards but not in the near future as we just have too much going on in a small company to free up resources for testing.... one day though!!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jplehr" <jlehr@...> wrote:
>
> I am on 8.03.409C. It does make it tough to swallow when everything is getting resolved in E9. I am actually making the move to E9 probably in Q3, partially for this but more to get the enhancements. Something else to watch for, and not sure if they still do it, and that would be an automatic upgrade in your type of maintenance. I had a couple years where my maintenance was increased becaused they automatically bumped up the type of support we were getting. And, that was not what we wanted. Each year I had to go through the hassle of getting it changed back to get the price back down.
>
> Seriously though, it probably doesn't matter if there was an increase or not. Someone is going to question if we need all of what we have. I have that same discussion every year.
>
> Good luck.
> Jeff
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tracy.tmat" <tracy.smith@> wrote:
> >
> > My Financial Director has have received our annual maintenance contract which has an increase of 5%... we just wondered what everyone's opinion was on this increase as most bugs, etc are now only fixed in Epicor 9?
> >
> > We understand the need for a contract but do you think the increase is justified bearing this in mind? Opinions please!
> >
>
My Financial Director has have received our annual maintenance contract which has an increase of 5%... we just wondered what everyone's opinion was on this increase as most bugs, etc are now only fixed in Epicor 9?

We understand the need for a contract but do you think the increase is justified bearing this in mind? Opinions please!
That's a normal annual increase. I, too, am on 8.x. It's time. It's time
to join the folks on 9.x and leave 8 in the dust.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
tracy.tmat
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:59 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Maintenance Contract Costs - Vantage 8.03.409a

My Financial Director has have received our annual maintenance contract
which has an increase of 5%... we just wondered what everyone's opinion was
on this increase as most bugs, etc are now only fixed in Epicor 9?

We understand the need for a contract but do you think the increase is
justified bearing this in mind? Opinions please!

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2176 / Virus Database: 2425/5000 - Release Date: 05/15/12

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I am on 8.03.409C. It does make it tough to swallow when everything is getting resolved in E9. I am actually making the move to E9 probably in Q3, partially for this but more to get the enhancements. Something else to watch for, and not sure if they still do it, and that would be an automatic upgrade in your type of maintenance. I had a couple years where my maintenance was increased becaused they automatically bumped up the type of support we were getting. And, that was not what we wanted. Each year I had to go through the hassle of getting it changed back to get the price back down.

Seriously though, it probably doesn't matter if there was an increase or not. Someone is going to question if we need all of what we have. I have that same discussion every year.

Good luck.
Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tracy.tmat" <tracy.smith@...> wrote:
>
> My Financial Director has have received our annual maintenance contract which has an increase of 5%... we just wondered what everyone's opinion was on this increase as most bugs, etc are now only fixed in Epicor 9?
>
> We understand the need for a contract but do you think the increase is justified bearing this in mind? Opinions please!
>