Make a Customer Inactive (8.03)

I thought about doing that, and for added robustness, changing the CustID (ex: 'WIL00' to 'zWIL00')so that a user couldn't type in the value directly. by using a 'z' it also moves the entry to the end of the search if someone was to check the 'Include No Contact' option in the search window.

Thanks for confirming that it wasn't a total hack solution.

Calvin

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Linda Lowney <llowney@...> wrote:
>
> It won't make the customer inactive, but if you check off the "No Contact" checkbox then the customer won't show up in customer search unless the user specifically asks to see the no contact customers.
>
> Regards,
> Linda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> Sent: June-27-12 2:44 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Make a Customer Inactive (8.03)
>
>
>
> Is there a way to prevent certain entries in the Customer table from being used?
>
> We have multiple Customer entries for the same customer, and want to set all but one as "Inactive" so that they aren't used on quotes, orders or invoices.
>
> I'd be willing to give creating a BPM a shot if someone could point me to some good info on creating & using BPM's.
>
> Thanks
>
> Calvin
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Is there a way to prevent certain entries in the Customer table from being used?

We have multiple Customer entries for the same customer, and want to set all but one as "Inactive" so that they aren't used on quotes, orders or invoices.

I'd be willing to give creating a BPM a shot if someone could point me to some good info on creating & using BPM's.

Thanks

Calvin
It won't make the customer inactive, but if you check off the "No Contact" checkbox then the customer won't show up in customer search unless the user specifically asks to see the no contact customers.

Regards,
Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
Sent: June-27-12 2:44 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Make a Customer Inactive (8.03)

Is there a way to prevent certain entries in the Customer table from being used?

We have multiple Customer entries for the same customer, and want to set all but one as "Inactive" so that they aren't used on quotes, orders or invoices.

I'd be willing to give creating a BPM a shot if someone could point me to some good info on creating & using BPM's.

Thanks

Calvin

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]