Make-to-Stock Questions

Thanks on this!
We'll take a look and see if it will work for us.
Thanks again -
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "cooner_55421" <cooner_55421@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Laraine,
>
> I have used a similar process:
>
> Make the part stock.
> By default, sale orders will want to use any on-hand inventory.
> On the release tab of the sale order, you can override this by checking "Make Direct".
> At this point, I use the job wizard and make my modifications directly to the job.
> I'm not sure if you can access the configurator at this point.
>
> Also, cost accounting hasn't been such a big fan of this.
> Mixing NonStock and Stock transactions for the same part number can get confusing.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "laraines422" <laraines422@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We're thinking of making a minor change to our business model, and we're wondering how Vantage (407c) might support it. Currently, all of our production is make-to-order. We use the Product Configurator to make variations on a Part (example PN 123) for all our orders.
> >
> > We're now thinking that we'd like to make-to-stock and inventory ONE standard configuration of PN 123 – having a quantity of it on the shelf, ready to ship. Questions:
> > 1. Can PN 123 exist as both a non-stock inventoried part AND as a configurable non-stock part? We would really like to avoid creating a new Part Number to accommodate the inventoried part, if possible.
> > 2. What is the best way to flag our Sales and Sales Order Entry staff that PN 123 is available as an inventoried part – especially if we're able to accomplish #1 above? Obviously, we want them to sell the inventoried part vs. creating a configured part. Again, Sales is so accustomed to "make-to-order", that we want to make the transition as easy for them as possible.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!
> > Laraine
> >
>
Hi All,

We're thinking of making a minor change to our business model, and we're wondering how Vantage (407c) might support it. Currently, all of our production is make-to-order. We use the Product Configurator to make variations on a Part (example PN 123) for all our orders.

We're now thinking that we'd like to make-to-stock and inventory ONE standard configuration of PN 123 – having a quantity of it on the shelf, ready to ship. Questions:
1. Can PN 123 exist as both a non-stock inventoried part AND as a configurable non-stock part? We would really like to avoid creating a new Part Number to accommodate the inventoried part, if possible.
2. What is the best way to flag our Sales and Sales Order Entry staff that PN 123 is available as an inventoried part – especially if we're able to accomplish #1 above? Obviously, we want them to sell the inventoried part vs. creating a configured part. Again, Sales is so accustomed to "make-to-order", that we want to make the transition as easy for them as possible.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!
Laraine