Manual Blank Title 58398

Question 1: GREAT question. My understanding is that Epicor is working on this right now. I have been complaining about the lack of self-service resources for upgrading for a couple years now. The existing documentation is worthless....full of errors and not enough background information to make intelligent insights as to what steps might actually be in error. The first upgrade guide I saw had as step #1...call and schedule an Epicor consultant. Not a chance. I have been told there will be a book somewhat similar ot the excellent V8 Epicor Manufacturing User Guide (with color glossy pages) specifically for addressing the concepts and administrative angles of V8.x and a how to document for converting existing databases. There are a lot of new concepts and new terminology not very well explained anywhere. It would really help to know a lot of the "why" behind the scenes.

Question 2: I have not done it yet but was planning to install 6.1 on my test server soon and then copy the nightly backup file there and restore it. Then play with the V8 conversion. There might be some tricky issues with port numbers and keeping 6.1 from impacting the live Vantage that is running now or I might disconnect it from the network for that phase while 6.1 is running.

-Todd C.

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:19 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] manual

Hello,
Two qyestions
1.maybe somebody knows where can I find instruction "How upgrade vantage
version 6.1 to version 8.0 and the to version 8.03 ?
2. how can I transfer data from old server (vantage 6.1) to new server
(new installation 6.1) - need transfer all data

thx
henry

Please be aware that any use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender.

For more information please visit www.harveyvogel.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hello,
Two qyestions
1.maybe somebody knows where can I find instruction "How upgrade vantage
version 6.1 to version 8.0 and the to version 8.03 ?
2. how can I transfer data from old server (vantage 6.1) to new server
(new installation 6.1) - need transfer all data

thx
henry