Manually deleting records from DB

I’m thinking about venturing into the Dark Side and manually deleting records from the DB.

Now that you’ve caught your breath from the mere thought of doing that, let me explain why.

We imported Part Records into E10, knowing most were not used. We did this so that any other imports (PO’s, BOMs, etc…) that referenced the part wouldn’t fail. The idea was to then go and delete All the parts via DMT, knowing that DMT would not delete the ones referenced.

But we (and by we, I mean me) accidentally did a cost update to all the parts before deleting the unused ones out.

So now we have about 2700 parts that have a lone PartTran (ADJ-CST), and I can’t delete them. These lone PartTrans didn’t create any GL trans because each part had Zero QOH.

How dangerous would it be to manually delete the specific lone PartTran record, so that I could delete the Part?

Do not do it. Mark them inactive and leave it at that.

Joshua Giese
CTO
920.437.6400 x342
Wisconsin Converting Inc.

1 Like

are you looking to remake CAST AWAY with you as Tom Hanks? :0)

2 Likes

Yeah NO… Really… NO…just NO… I forbid it! :wink: seriously though… NO…

1 Like

OK !!!

Post Retracted.

And one last point about this …

2 Likes

Dare I say you’d be “krusen for a brusin”?

Joshua Giese
CTO
920.437.6400 x342
Wisconsin Converting Inc.

4 Likes

So, are you backing up this database every day?

If so, why not restore from an old backup and then redo what you need to do?

M. Manasa Reddy
P: 703.471.7145 x454
manasa@euclidsys.commailto:manasa@euclidsys.com

The “error” occurred a month ago. It was during the initial seeding of our new E10 system.

Yeah…inactivate then…I will let everyone else harass you! :slight_smile: M

1 Like

Although, I’ll be honest and admit that we are seriously considering the exact same move. Considering it. If there are any Epicor Support spies here, then know that it probably won’t happen. (And we would test in test DB first, but then not do it :wink: ).

1 Like

" Dare I say you’d be “krusen for a brusin”? "
… Oh boy. Ill hit him for this next time I see him. Which should be in a few hours.

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen