Material Issue to Job

Thanks again Rob

We have a area for production not too big and we have set up a separate whse for that area but there are some material stored there too so I will create a special bin for that.
What is the in/out/backflush whse? And if possible to elaborate more on the automove?

Thanks
Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman

-----Original Message-----
Sender: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:36:41
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Material Issue to Job

Since all materials in a job must be associated w/ an OP, set up all your resource groups & resources w/ default In, Out & Backflush whse bins (that, based on your email, sound like they'd all be the same).

Remember these are WIP buckets. I've observed that most people executing activities in Vantage don't 'get' that so I'd make them quite uniquely different (name) from 'real' inventory whse bins.

Unless you have a (physically) large operations area, I'd also consider setting all your resource groups and resources to Automove (of WIP from OP to OP).

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Tue 7/6/10 12:55 pm
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Material Issue to Job

Hi All

In version 9 the system enforces you to put a to whse and bin when issuuing to a job.
basically we have a Work area warehouse and bin and i would issue always to there, the question is how to default it so the user doesnt have to do it on every line.

Ephraim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi All

In version 9 the system enforces you to put a to whse and bin when issuuing to a job.
basically we have a Work area warehouse and bin and i would issue always to there, the question is how to default it so the user doesnt have to do it on every line.

Ephraim
Since all materials in a job must be associated w/ an OP, set up all your resource groups & resources w/ default In, Out & Backflush whse bins (that, based on your email, sound like they'd all be the same).

Remember these are WIP buckets. I've observed that most people executing activities in Vantage don't 'get' that so I'd make them quite uniquely different (name) from 'real' inventory whse bins.

Unless you have a (physically) large operations area, I'd also consider setting all your resource groups and resources to Automove (of WIP from OP to OP).

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Tue 7/6/10 12:55 pm
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Material Issue to Job

Hi All

Ephraim