Memo linking Blank Title 114080

Wow, works great Thank you.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Linda Lowney <llowney@...> wrote:
>
>
> I can create a BAQ if I link OrderHed.Company to Memo.Company, then OrderHed.OrderNum to Memo.Key1 then set the criteria on the Memo table to RelatedToFile = OrderHed
>
> Regards,
> Linda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KenJ
> Sent: September-26-12 1:17 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Memo linking
>
>
>
> Ok, a little more help please. when trying to add the memo table to my BAQ containing the OrderHead, OrderDtl, Customer and ShipTo I cannot seem to get the Key field to link or the BAQ doesnt want to run. If i try to just bring the Memo table into crystal through the OBDC connection the Key1 and OrderHead fields will not link? it tells me the fields are not compatible.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "KenJ" <kenjirak@> wrote:
> >
> > ahhh, awesome thank you. i didn't put that together.
> >
> > I appreciate the help
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Linda Lowney <llowney@> wrote:
> > >
> > > If Memo.RelatedToFile = "OrderHed" then the value in Key1 will be the order number.
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of KenJ
> > > Sent: September-25-12 1:19 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Memo linking
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Can anyone provide any help with linking a memo to a sales order?
> > > I am running Vista 803.406A, I have a custom report that schedules open sales orders and I want to add any memos that may have been entered in the sales order to the report. I found the memos in the MEMO and MEMO CAT tables but i cannot figure out how to link them to a particular sales order in a BAQ? There does not appear to be any common data to link on in the memo tables?
> > >
> > > Thank you Ken
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Can anyone provide any help with linking a memo to a sales order?
I am running Vista 803.406A, I have a custom report that schedules open sales orders and I want to add any memos that may have been entered in the sales order to the report. I found the memos in the MEMO and MEMO CAT tables but i cannot figure out how to link them to a particular sales order in a BAQ? There does not appear to be any common data to link on in the memo tables?

Thank you Ken
If Memo.RelatedToFile = "OrderHed" then the value in Key1 will be the order number.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KenJ
Sent: September-25-12 1:19 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Memo linking

Can anyone provide any help with linking a memo to a sales order?
I am running Vista 803.406A, I have a custom report that schedules open sales orders and I want to add any memos that may have been entered in the sales order to the report. I found the memos in the MEMO and MEMO CAT tables but i cannot figure out how to link them to a particular sales order in a BAQ? There does not appear to be any common data to link on in the memo tables?

Thank you Ken

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
ahhh, awesome thank you. i didn't put that together.

I appreciate the help

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Linda Lowney <llowney@...> wrote:
>
> If Memo.RelatedToFile = "OrderHed" then the value in Key1 will be the order number.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KenJ
> Sent: September-25-12 1:19 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Memo linking
>
>
>
> Can anyone provide any help with linking a memo to a sales order?
> I am running Vista 803.406A, I have a custom report that schedules open sales orders and I want to add any memos that may have been entered in the sales order to the report. I found the memos in the MEMO and MEMO CAT tables but i cannot figure out how to link them to a particular sales order in a BAQ? There does not appear to be any common data to link on in the memo tables?
>
> Thank you Ken
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Ok, a little more help please. when trying to add the memo table to my BAQ containing the OrderHead, OrderDtl, Customer and ShipTo I cannot seem to get the Key field to link or the BAQ doesnt want to run. If i try to just bring the Memo table into crystal through the OBDC connection the Key1 and OrderHead fields will not link? it tells me the fields are not compatible.

Thank you!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "KenJ" <kenjirak@...> wrote:
>
> ahhh, awesome thank you. i didn't put that together.
>
> I appreciate the help
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Linda Lowney <llowney@> wrote:
> >
> > If Memo.RelatedToFile = "OrderHed" then the value in Key1 will be the order number.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KenJ
> > Sent: September-25-12 1:19 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Vantage] Memo linking
> >
> >
> >
> > Can anyone provide any help with linking a memo to a sales order?
> > I am running Vista 803.406A, I have a custom report that schedules open sales orders and I want to add any memos that may have been entered in the sales order to the report. I found the memos in the MEMO and MEMO CAT tables but i cannot figure out how to link them to a particular sales order in a BAQ? There does not appear to be any common data to link on in the memo tables?
> >
> > Thank you Ken
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
I can create a BAQ if I link OrderHed.Company to Memo.Company, then OrderHed.OrderNum to Memo.Key1 then set the criteria on the Memo table to RelatedToFile = OrderHed

Regards,
Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KenJ
Sent: September-26-12 1:17 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Memo linking

Ok, a little more help please. when trying to add the memo table to my BAQ containing the OrderHead, OrderDtl, Customer and ShipTo I cannot seem to get the Key field to link or the BAQ doesnt want to run. If i try to just bring the Memo table into crystal through the OBDC connection the Key1 and OrderHead fields will not link? it tells me the fields are not compatible.

Thank you!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "KenJ" <kenjirak@...> wrote:
>
> ahhh, awesome thank you. i didn't put that together.
>
> I appreciate the help
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Linda Lowney <llowney@> wrote:
> >
> > If Memo.RelatedToFile = "OrderHed" then the value in Key1 will be the order number.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of KenJ
> > Sent: September-25-12 1:19 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Memo linking
> >
> >
> >
> > Can anyone provide any help with linking a memo to a sales order?
> > I am running Vista 803.406A, I have a custom report that schedules open sales orders and I want to add any memos that may have been entered in the sales order to the report. I found the memos in the MEMO and MEMO CAT tables but i cannot figure out how to link them to a particular sales order in a BAQ? There does not appear to be any common data to link on in the memo tables?
> >
> > Thank you Ken
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]