Memos in Epicor

Hi Dave,

> We use the Product Configurator and I can't imagine what bigs lay in the
> weeds in 9.

There are some new cool features in the Product Configurator:

- Multi-company configurations (not multi-company, so I haven't tested it)

- The ability to update the Sales Order Detail Record

- Use BAQs for Dynamic Lists (could use more work though, e.g. it would be
nice to be able to pass a parameter to filter the BAQ)

- A table that holds Configurator Parameters. This table can be sync'd with
other databases.

Mark W.
We are beginning to use the Memo capability in Epicor. The only difficulty is identifying when a SO or Quote has a Memo or not. It requires clicking on the Action-Memo to take a look or you must go to each line and click on Memo.
Has anyone created a capability to recognize on the Summary page if there are any memos on the viewed Quote or Order?
I created a checkbox on the Summary sheet initially but some users forget to check it.

Thanks,

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407A P
The Icon will change in E9 when a memo is attached to the record.
Something to look forward to.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ofcwiz
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:25 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Memos in Epicor

We are beginning to use the Memo capability in Epicor. The only
difficulty is identifying when a SO or Quote has a Memo or not. It
requires clicking on the Action-Memo to take a look or you must go to
each line and click on Memo.
Has anyone created a capability to recognize on the Summary page if
there are any memos on the viewed Quote or Order?
I created a checkbox on the Summary sheet initially but some users
forget to check it.

Thanks,

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407A P

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Epicor 9 has what they call a bit flag, so the memo icon "lights up" to indicate there is a memo. Also the attachment, change log icons light up.  The bit flag is a new field found on many tables, it's value indicates when  there are related memos, attachments or change logs.<br>Dan<br>Independent Components Corp.<br><br>--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ofcwiz" <DavidH@...> wrote:<br>><br>> We are beginning to use the Memo capability in Epicor. The only difficulty is identifying when a SO or Quote has a Memo or not. It requires clicking on the Action-Memo to take a look or you must go to each line and click on Memo.<br>> Has anyone created a capability to recognize on the Summary page if there are any memos on the viewed Quote or Order?<br>> I created a checkbox on the Summary sheet initially but some users forget to check it.<br>> <br>> Thanks,<br>> <br>> Dave<br>> Xybix<br>> 8.03.407A P<br>><br>
Thanks Charlie & dansirow

I don't think we will be moving to 9 until late this year.
Epicor has made me gun shy to move too quickly.
We use the Product Configurator and I can't imagine what bigs lay in the weeds in 9.
We will be looking forward to the Memo light when we get there.

Still looking for Epicor 8 solution.

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407A P
Ver 6.1 (and even earlier I believe) shows lines (like writing) on the notes icon if there are actually notes. If not...just a blank icon.

Greg

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:33 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Memos in Epicor

Epicor 9 has what they call a bit flag, so the memo icon "lights up" to indicate there is a memo. Also the attachment, change log icons light up.  The bit flag is a new field found on many tables, it's value indicates when  there are related memos, attachments or change logs.<br>Dan<br>Independent Components Corp.<br><br>--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ofcwiz" <DavidH@...> wrote:<br>><br>> We are beginning to use the Memo capability in Epicor. The only difficulty is identifying when a SO or Quote has a Memo or not. It requires clicking on the Action-Memo to take a look or you must go to each line and click on Memo.<br>> Has anyone created a capability to recognize on the Summary page if there are any memos on the viewed Quote or Order?<br>> I created a checkbox on the Summary sheet initially but some users forget to check it.<br>> <br>> Thanks,<br>> <br>> Dave<br>> Xybix<br>> 8.03.407A P<br>><br>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have a customization for our PO Entry form that checks to see if there is a Memo for that PO and if so it updates an EpiShape on the form.

Email me directly if you'd like the code.

Vic

Vic Drecchio
ERP Administrator
TIMCO Aviation Services
Greensboro, NC
Email:Â Â vic.drecchio@...
Mobile:Â 704.530.3092
Office:Â 336.668.4410 x3159

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ofcwiz
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:25 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Memos in Epicor

We are beginning to use the Memo capability in Epicor. The only difficulty is identifying when a SO or Quote has a Memo or not. It requires clicking on the Action-Memo to take a look or you must go to each line and click on Memo.
Has anyone created a capability to recognize on the Summary page if there are any memos on the viewed Quote or Order?
I created a checkbox on the Summary sheet initially but some users forget to check it.

Thanks,

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407A P

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
Greg,

I get a blank icon regardless the number of memos.
Apparently Memo icon identification fell off the table between version 6 & 9.

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407A

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gclauser" <gclauser@...> wrote:
>
> Ver 6.1 (and even earlier I believe) shows lines (like writing) on the notes icon if there are actually notes. If not...just a blank icon.
>
> Greg
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: dansirow
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:33 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Memos in Epicor
>
>
>
>
>
> Epicor 9 has what they call a bit flag, so the memo icon "lights up" to indicate there is a memo. Also the attachment, change log icons light up.  The bit flag is a new field found on many tables, it's value indicates when  there are related memos, attachments or change logs.<br>Dan<br>Independent Components Corp.<br><br>--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ofcwiz" DavidH@ wrote:<br>><br>> We are beginning to use the Memo capability in Epicor. The only difficulty is identifying when a SO or Quote has a Memo or not. It requires clicking on the Action-Memo to take a look or you must go to each line and click on Memo.<br>> Has anyone created a capability to recognize on the Summary page if there are any memos on the viewed Quote or Order?<br>> I created a checkbox on the Summary sheet initially but some users forget to check it.<br>> <br>> Thanks,<br>> <br>> Dave<br>> Xybix<br>> 8.03.407A P<br>><br>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>