Mfgsys.exe - Application has generated an exception that could n

Usually this is either a compatibility issue,

Right click and go to properties on the executable, set compatibility to XP SP3 for all users. Then try running it.

or a problem with the state of the program when it was installed, or if someone else was installing it.

Situation with the state:

Change user /install

Change user /execute

Also, sometimes it’s a permissions issue, I would check the client folder and make sure all users have full control.

Do you have the same problem if you substitute in the mfgsys64.exe as well instead of mfgsys.exe?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 1:02 PM
To: Vantage
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Mfgsys.exe - Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

I am not 100% if this will work as I am not too familiar with Citirix. But you may want to give this a shot

We are currently working with the Microsoft CLR Security team on this issue. As a work around can you please delete the following .cch files. %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\ 2.0.50727.312\security.config.cch And any CCH Files in the following directory. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework \2.0.50727\CONFIG Also what templates were you last working with in CodeSmith? What version of Visual Studio are you using? Thanks

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM, jhenslee@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

We're experiencing the most BIZARRE thing.  We have 2 sites 98% down.   We have 1 user at each site connecting through Citrix and running, everyone else (also connecting through Citrix) receives the aforementioned error. 

The other extremely strange part about this situation is that we have numerous users at 2 other completely separate sites (also using the same Citrix servers) that are also working just fine - using the same Citrix application sets.

Vantage 8.03.410 - Progress 32-bit

No changes made to Citrix servers, or Windows updates over the weekend.  All remote connection users were working on Friday.  Error occurs regardless of Vantage user id entered (Tried manager, my username, other working users id's (from other sites) on these sites and no change.   Weird thing is that at both of these sites, users can log into MES and get MES running.  (Same executable - just different command line parameters)

We connect through Citrix and then bring up the Vantage logon window. 

- If we don't fill in anything, eventually it errors out.

- if we attempt to login and then press enter (or click on the OK button); it errors out.

- Have tried re-installing Citrix on client PC's; it still errors out

- Have tried connecting Citrix as another user; it still errors out.

I'm at a total loss.

Thought - Are there any other command line parameters that we could enter that might help us in debugging this problem? 

From what we see, we're making the connection to Citrix just fine.   The Vantage application also fires up.  From there on in, nothing.   Thought I would call on you fine folks to see if you have any other suggestions....

All Suggestions welcome.

Thank you,

Jeff Henslee

M-B Companies Inc.

About this Topic

Vantage/Vista Users Discussion

Discussions amongst users of the Vantage and Vista product

We're experiencing the most BIZARRE thing.  We have 2 sites 98% down.   We have 1 user at each site connecting through Citrix and running, everyone else (also connecting through Citrix) receives the aforementioned error. 

The other extremely strange part about this situation is that we have numerous users at 2 other completely separate sites (also using the same Citrix servers) that are also working just fine - using the same Citrix application sets.

No changes made to Citrix servers, or Windows updates over the weekend.  All remote connection users were working on Friday.  Error occurs regardless of Vantage user id entered (Tried manager, my username, other working users id's (from other sites) on these sites and no change.   Weird thing is that at both of these sites, users can log into MES and get MES running.  (Same executable - just different command line parameters)

We connect through Citrix and then bring up the Vantage logon window. 

- if we attempt to login and then press enter (or click on the OK button); it errors out.

I'm at a total loss.

Thought - Are there any other command line parameters that we could enter that might help us in debugging this problem? 

From what we see, we're making the connection to Citrix just fine.   The Vantage application also fires up.  From there on in, nothing.   Thought I would call on you fine folks to see if you have any other suggestions....

All Suggestions welcome.

Thank you,

Jeff Henslee

M-B Companies Inc.

About this Topic

I am not 100% if this will work as I am not too familiar with Citirix. But you may want to give this a shot

We are currently working with the Microsoft CLR Security team on this issue. As a work around can you please delete the following .cch files.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\ 2.0.50727.312\security.config.cch

And any CCH Files in the following directory.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework \2.0.50727\CONFIG

Also what templates were you last working with in CodeSmith? What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Thanks

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM, jhenslee@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><span></span></p><table cellpadding="10"><tbody><tr><td><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p>We&#39;re experiencing the most <strong><em>BIZARRE</em></strong> thing.  We have 2 sites 98% down.   We have 1 user at each site connecting through Citrix and running, everyone else (also connecting through Citrix) receives the aforementioned error. </p>

Â

Â

No changes made to Citrix servers, or Windows updates over the weekend. All remote connection users were working on Friday. Error occurs regardless of Vantage user id entered (Tried manager, my username, other working users id's (from other sites) on these sites and no change.  Weird thing is that at both of these sites, users can log into MES and get MES running. (Same executable - just different command line parameters)

Â

We connect through Citrix and then bring up the Vantage logon window.Â

I'm at a total loss.

Thought - Are there any other command line parameters that we could enter that might help us in debugging this problem?Â

From what we see, we're making the connection to Citrix just fine.  The Vantage application also fires up. From there on in, nothing.  Thought I would call on you fine folks to see if you have any other suggestions....

All Suggestions welcome.

Â

Thank you,

Jeff Henslee

M-B Companies Inc.

About this Topic

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>