Miscellaneous Shipment does not ship

Hi,

I am trying to ship a miscellaneous shipment to return a PO. I can create the Miscellaneous shipment and close but I don’t see any transaction in PartTran and the inventory of the part does not change. Please help.

Thank you,

Daniel

I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I am, but I think that the inventory adjustment should happen with a DMR record. In that process, the credit memo is created that you send and you use miscellaneous shipment to generate the packing slip, and the parts are removed from inventory. Since the parts were already taken out of inventory with the DMR, the miscellaneous shipment entry would be doubling up if it removed parts from inventory too.

I don’t have the Quality module so I don’t think I can create a DMR. Is the Misc Shipment Entry to correct process to return material received incorrectly on a purchase order?

Thank you,

Daniel

Misc shipment does not remove it from inventory it just creates a reference
to the DMR because it assumes the DMR has been rejected and you are just
shipping the part back to the supplier

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

Capstone Alliance Partners 888.597.2227 Ext. 71
<888.597.2227%20Ext.%20714>2 | 904.412.6847 mwagner@capstoneap.com (cell)
| www.capstoneap.com

Again, anyone correct me if I’m wrong. But I think in that case, you would delete the erroneous receipt from receipt from receipt entry. Once you do that, it will remove the parts from inventory and the associated cost and it will re-open the PO. If you are going to get replacement material sent to you, then you could receive the correct materials under the original PO, otherwise just close the PO with no receipt.

That is the road I am going to take. Thank you.

Daniel

I am right to say that I need the Quality module in order to create a DMR?
I don’t have this module so I think I am just going to amend/delete the receipts.

Thank you for your help.

Daniel,

Misc shipments do not create an inventory tranaction.

Bryan DeRuvo

Yes you need that module to use the DMR capability

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

Capstone Alliance Partners 888.597.2227 Ext. 71
<888.597.2227%20Ext.%20714>2 | 904.412.6847 mwagner@capstoneap.com (cell)
| www.capstoneap.com