Month end job close question

Thanks Beth....

Mike Abell
Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
Mobile: 615.418.3055
email: MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Beth R
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:40 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Month end job close question

What was the job for that was closed? The subassembled part or the top level part (or both)? Was the part received to stock? What costing method are you using?

If the job is just for the subassembled part and it hasn't been received to stock, I would reopen the job, finish it, then receive the subassembly to stock. Next I would close the job.

If the job was for an upper-level part, I would reopen the job, complete the subassembly, complete any other work that needs to be done because of the subassembly, then receive the upper-level part to stock (if it hasn't already been received to stock).

Depending on your costing method you may need to make some adjustments (especially if you are using FIFO) to the part cost.

Beth Rye
ERP Business Analyst

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Mike Abell <mabell@...<mailto:mabell@...>> wrote:
>
> Vantage users,
>
> We closed a job in April and processed capture/post and the April month-end. Subsequently, we were notified that there was one part from a sub-assembly of the job that was still on the floor. It needs to complete a couple operations on the sub-assembly and then go to stock. What is the best way to handle this? Re-open the job? Adjust the part into stock when it's done? Some other option? Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Mike Abell
> Information Technology Manager
> Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
> Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
> Mobile: 615.418.3055
> email: MAbell@...
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Vantage users,

We closed a job in April and processed capture/post and the April month-end. Subsequently, we were notified that there was one part from a sub-assembly of the job that was still on the floor. It needs to complete a couple operations on the sub-assembly and then go to stock. What is the best way to handle this? Re-open the job? Adjust the part into stock when it's done? Some other option? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike Abell
Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
Mobile: 615.418.3055
email: MAbell@...

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
What was the job for that was closed? The subassembled part or the top level part (or both)? Was the part received to stock? What costing method are you using?

If the job is just for the subassembled part and it hasn't been received to stock, I would reopen the job, finish it, then receive the subassembly to stock. Next I would close the job.

If the job was for an upper-level part, I would reopen the job, complete the subassembly, complete any other work that needs to be done because of the subassembly, then receive the upper-level part to stock (if it hasn't already been received to stock).

Depending on your costing method you may need to make some adjustments (especially if you are using FIFO) to the part cost.

Beth Rye
ERP Business Analyst

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mike Abell <mabell@...> wrote:
>
> Vantage users,
>
> We closed a job in April and processed capture/post and the April month-end. Subsequently, we were notified that there was one part from a sub-assembly of the job that was still on the floor. It needs to complete a couple operations on the sub-assembly and then go to stock. What is the best way to handle this? Re-open the job? Adjust the part into stock when it's done? Some other option? Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Mike Abell
> Information Technology Manager
> Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
> Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
> Mobile: 615.418.3055
> email: MAbell@...
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]