Moving Vantage Crystal Reports to Epicor 9.05

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

If I could just change the DSN that would be quite easy. When I followed the instructions below I can change the DSN anme, but the names change dosen't stick. Could the problem be that one DSN is pointing to Vantage and the other to Epicor 9.05? The tables I'm using exist in both systems as do the fields I'm using.

Thanks,
David Pfiester
734-418-1850

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@...> wrote:
>
> Do you just want to change the DSN?
> If so, you might try "Set Datasource Location" in the Crystal Report.
> I think it is a little faster than going thru the full "Database Expert".
>
> 1 - In Crystals "Field Explorer" treeview, right click on "Database Fields" and select "Set Datasource Location"
> 2 - In the "Current Data Source", expand the "Properties" for your datasource by clicking on the plus sign
> 3 - Double clink on the "Data Source Name" to make it editable
> 4 - Enter your new DSN and close.
>
> Note: Before closing, see if you need to repeat the DSN change for any subreports that might be listed in the treeview for "Current Datasource Location".
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "dtatctf" <dthomas@> wrote:
> >
> > Can you provide more detail on what you did in Database Expert? I am having the same problem.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help.
> > >
> > > I am changing the ODBC DSN when setting the datasource location. I did find a way to make it work using Database Expert.I was also able to change the alais table names as well.
> > >
> > > Thanks again.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Are you changing the ODBC DSN, when you set the datasource location?
> > > > From the old V8 to the new E9 source?
> > > > That should work for most ODBC reports.
> > > > Schema changes can complicate things a bit.
> > > >
> > > > >comes over as Customer1
> > > > It is just an alias.
> > > > You can right click on it and rename it if you want.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi All,
> > > > >
> > > > > We have several Crystal reports that were written from scratch in Vantage 8.03 409C using ODBC. I would like to take these reports and convert them to run with Epicor 9.05 700C. I've tried to use Set Database Location to replace the current Vantage tables with those from Epicor 9.05, but I can't get this function to work. Is there a way I can do this, or am I stuck having to write my reports from scratch?
> > > > >
> > > > > I've also noticed that when I do attempt to create a new Crystal report table names are changed. For example, if I choose to use the Customer table it comes over as Customer1 in the report design. Is there a way to correct this?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks a bunch!
> > > > >
> > > > > David Pfiester
> > > > > NuStep, Inc.
> > > > > 734-418-1850
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Hi All,

We have several Crystal reports that were written from scratch in Vantage 8.03 409C using ODBC. I would like to take these reports and convert them to run with Epicor 9.05 700C. I've tried to use Set Database Location to replace the current Vantage tables with those from Epicor 9.05, but I can't get this function to work. Is there a way I can do this, or am I stuck having to write my reports from scratch?

I've also noticed that when I do attempt to create a new Crystal report table names are changed. For example, if I choose to use the Customer table it comes over as Customer1 in the report design. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks a bunch!

David Pfiester
NuStep, Inc.
734-418-1850
Are you changing the ODBC DSN, when you set the datasource location?
From the old V8 to the new E9 source?
That should work for most ODBC reports.
Schema changes can complicate things a bit.

>comes over as Customer1
It is just an alias.
You can right click on it and rename it if you want.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> We have several Crystal reports that were written from scratch in Vantage 8.03 409C using ODBC. I would like to take these reports and convert them to run with Epicor 9.05 700C. I've tried to use Set Database Location to replace the current Vantage tables with those from Epicor 9.05, but I can't get this function to work. Is there a way I can do this, or am I stuck having to write my reports from scratch?
>
> I've also noticed that when I do attempt to create a new Crystal report table names are changed. For example, if I choose to use the Customer table it comes over as Customer1 in the report design. Is there a way to correct this?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> David Pfiester
> NuStep, Inc.
> 734-418-1850
>
Thanks for the help.

I am changing the ODBC DSN when setting the datasource location. I did find a way to make it work using Database Expert.I was also able to change the alais table names as well.

Thanks again.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@...> wrote:
>
> Are you changing the ODBC DSN, when you set the datasource location?
> From the old V8 to the new E9 source?
> That should work for most ODBC reports.
> Schema changes can complicate things a bit.
>
> >comes over as Customer1
> It is just an alias.
> You can right click on it and rename it if you want.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have several Crystal reports that were written from scratch in Vantage 8.03 409C using ODBC. I would like to take these reports and convert them to run with Epicor 9.05 700C. I've tried to use Set Database Location to replace the current Vantage tables with those from Epicor 9.05, but I can't get this function to work. Is there a way I can do this, or am I stuck having to write my reports from scratch?
> >
> > I've also noticed that when I do attempt to create a new Crystal report table names are changed. For example, if I choose to use the Customer table it comes over as Customer1 in the report design. Is there a way to correct this?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
> >
> > David Pfiester
> > NuStep, Inc.
> > 734-418-1850
> >
>
Can you provide more detail on what you did in Database Expert? I am having the same problem.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I am changing the ODBC DSN when setting the datasource location. I did find a way to make it work using Database Expert.I was also able to change the alais table names as well.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@> wrote:
> >
> > Are you changing the ODBC DSN, when you set the datasource location?
> > From the old V8 to the new E9 source?
> > That should work for most ODBC reports.
> > Schema changes can complicate things a bit.
> >
> > >comes over as Customer1
> > It is just an alias.
> > You can right click on it and rename it if you want.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > We have several Crystal reports that were written from scratch in Vantage 8.03 409C using ODBC. I would like to take these reports and convert them to run with Epicor 9.05 700C. I've tried to use Set Database Location to replace the current Vantage tables with those from Epicor 9.05, but I can't get this function to work. Is there a way I can do this, or am I stuck having to write my reports from scratch?
> > >
> > > I've also noticed that when I do attempt to create a new Crystal report table names are changed. For example, if I choose to use the Customer table it comes over as Customer1 in the report design. Is there a way to correct this?
> > >
> > > Thanks a bunch!
> > >
> > > David Pfiester
> > > NuStep, Inc.
> > > 734-418-1850
> > >
> >
>
Do you just want to change the DSN?
If so, you might try "Set Datasource Location" in the Crystal Report.
I think it is a little faster than going thru the full "Database Expert".

1 - In Crystals "Field Explorer" treeview, right click on "Database Fields" and select "Set Datasource Location"
2 - In the "Current Data Source", expand the "Properties" for your datasource by clicking on the plus sign
3 - Double clink on the "Data Source Name" to make it editable
4 - Enter your new DSN and close.

Note: Before closing, see if you need to repeat the DSN change for any subreports that might be listed in the treeview for "Current Datasource Location".

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "dtatctf" <dthomas@...> wrote:
>
> Can you provide more detail on what you did in Database Expert? I am having the same problem.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > I am changing the ODBC DSN when setting the datasource location. I did find a way to make it work using Database Expert.I was also able to change the alais table names as well.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "b_ordway" <cooner_55421@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you changing the ODBC DSN, when you set the datasource location?
> > > From the old V8 to the new E9 source?
> > > That should work for most ODBC reports.
> > > Schema changes can complicate things a bit.
> > >
> > > >comes over as Customer1
> > > It is just an alias.
> > > You can right click on it and rename it if you want.
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hi All,
> > > >
> > > > We have several Crystal reports that were written from scratch in Vantage 8.03 409C using ODBC. I would like to take these reports and convert them to run with Epicor 9.05 700C. I've tried to use Set Database Location to replace the current Vantage tables with those from Epicor 9.05, but I can't get this function to work. Is there a way I can do this, or am I stuck having to write my reports from scratch?
> > > >
> > > > I've also noticed that when I do attempt to create a new Crystal report table names are changed. For example, if I choose to use the Customer table it comes over as Customer1 in the report design. Is there a way to correct this?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks a bunch!
> > > >
> > > > David Pfiester
> > > > NuStep, Inc.
> > > > 734-418-1850
> > > >
> > >
> >
>