MRP Problem/Question

On Job Entry you can check "lock" on the scheduling options and MRP will ignore this job and leave it along. Any new demand will suggest new jobs instead of changing/rescheduling the current locked job
Â
On the PO release, you can lock the date and/or quantity to do the same thing

--- On Thu, 9/17/09, m_sprowles <msprowles@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] MRP Problem/Question
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 1:23 PM

Â

How can we lock a purchase order and/or Job date and quantity in a stock environment where MRP will recognize locked jobs and purchases as filling a demand without suggesting the job/po date be moved or changed without using the make direct option?

Example:

Sales Order 1 is entered for part number A for a qty of 2 to ship 11/1/09

Job 100 is entered for part number A for a qty of 2 to be completed by 11/1/09 – I would like to lock this schedule in place so that if Sales Order 2 is entered for part number A for a qty of 1 to ship by 10/15/09, I would like to get a un-firm job for Part number A for a qty of 1 to be complete by 10/15/09 instead of a suggestion to expedite job 100 to 10/15/09 and reduce the qty from 2 to 1 and then create an un-firm job for a qty of 2 to be completed by 11/1/09 as it does today.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
How can we lock a purchase order and/or Job date and quantity in a stock environment where MRP will recognize locked jobs and purchases as filling a demand without suggesting the job/po date be moved or changed without using the make direct option?

Example:

Sales Order 1 is entered for part number A for a qty of 2 to ship 11/1/09

Job 100 is entered for part number A for a qty of 2 to be completed by 11/1/09 – I would like to lock this schedule in place so that if Sales Order 2 is entered for part number A for a qty of 1 to ship by 10/15/09, I would like to get a un-firm job for Part number A for a qty of 1 to be complete by 10/15/09 instead of a suggestion to expedite job 100 to 10/15/09 and reduce the qty from 2 to 1 and then create an un-firm job for a qty of 2 to be completed by 11/1/09 as it does today.