Mtg, Mfg PartNum, Part Master PartNum, Supplier PartNum... HELP!

Thanks - that helps.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Manasa Reddy" <manasa@...> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this would work for you, but you could always test it out.
>
>
>
> In part maintenance, under actions, approved suppliers, you can define the mfg part number here with a vantage part number for each supplier.
>
>
>
> Of course then you have to make sure each vendor is approved for that part.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> M. Manasa Reddy
>
> manasa@... <mailto:manasa@...>
>
> 800.852.2325
>
> 630.806.2000 ofc
>
> 630.806.2001 fax
>
> www.weldcoa.com
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Keith
> Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 9:32 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Mtg, Mfg PartNum, Part Master PartNum, Supplier PartNum... HELP! 8.03.407
>
>
>
>
>
> We currently have several thousand buy items - many of which we can get from multiple suppliers (e.g. electrical components - resistors, capcitors, IC chips). I am defining the "mfg part number" as a number referenced by the actual manufaturer, where the "supplier part number" would be like from a distributor.
>
> so we have the following relationships (in reality):
>
> 1) PNvantage-->PNmfg (one to one usualy, but could also be one to many if there is another mfg who makes this)
>
> 2) PNvantage-->PNsuplier (one to many)
>
> 3) PNmfg-->PNsuplier (one to many)
>
> 4) PNsuplier-->Suplier (one to one)
>
> Make sense?
>
> OK. Now in Vantage I know how to make #2 and #4 above happen by using the vendor price list. We use it heavily. But how can i get #1 and #3 to work? that is, how can I store and lookup a mfg part number, then see which of my suupliers can provide it? I need to be able to search for MfgPartNumbers related to a VantagePart, and also Vendors who can supply this part to us. On the PO/Line tab, there are feilds for "Mfg" and "Mfg Part". This seems like what I need but HELP is not very helpful, and I cannot find where I would modify this data or where it comes from.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any ideas? How do you handle this?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith Walter
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We currently have several thousand buy items - many of which we can get from multiple suppliers (e.g. electrical components - resistors, capcitors, IC chips). I am defining the "mfg part number" as a number referenced by the actual manufaturer, where the "supplier part number" would be like from a distributor.

so we have the following relationships (in reality):

1) PNvantage-->PNmfg (one to one usualy, but could also be one to many if there is another mfg who makes this)

2) PNvantage-->PNsuplier (one to many)

3) PNmfg-->PNsuplier (one to many)

4) PNsuplier-->Suplier (one to one)

Make sense?

OK. Now in Vantage I know how to make #2 and #4 above happen by using the vendor price list. We use it heavily. But how can i get #1 and #3 to work? that is, how can I store and lookup a mfg part number, then see which of my suupliers can provide it? I need to be able to search for MfgPartNumbers related to a VantagePart, and also Vendors who can supply this part to us. On the PO/Line tab, there are feilds for "Mfg" and "Mfg Part". This seems like what I need but HELP is not very helpful, and I cannot find where I would modify this data or where it comes from.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any ideas? How do you handle this?

Thanks,
Keith Walter
Not sure if this would work for you, but you could always test it out.

In part maintenance, under actions, approved suppliers, you can define the mfg part number here with a vantage part number for each supplier.

Of course then you have to make sure each vendor is approved for that part.

M. Manasa Reddy

manasa@... <mailto:manasa@...>

630.806.2000 ofc

630.806.2001 fax

www.weldcoa.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Keith
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 9:32 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Mtg, Mfg PartNum, Part Master PartNum, Supplier PartNum... HELP! 8.03.407

We currently have several thousand buy items - many of which we can get from multiple suppliers (e.g. electrical components - resistors, capcitors, IC chips). I am defining the "mfg part number" as a number referenced by the actual manufaturer, where the "supplier part number" would be like from a distributor.

so we have the following relationships (in reality):

1) PNvantage-->PNmfg (one to one usualy, but could also be one to many if there is another mfg who makes this)

2) PNvantage-->PNsuplier (one to many)

3) PNmfg-->PNsuplier (one to many)

4) PNsuplier-->Suplier (one to one)

Make sense?

OK. Now in Vantage I know how to make #2 and #4 above happen by using the vendor price list. We use it heavily. But how can i get #1 and #3 to work? that is, how can I store and lookup a mfg part number, then see which of my suupliers can provide it? I need to be able to search for MfgPartNumbers related to a VantagePart, and also Vendors who can supply this part to us. On the PO/Line tab, there are feilds for "Mfg" and "Mfg Part". This seems like what I need but HELP is not very helpful, and I cannot find where I would modify this data or where it comes from.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any ideas? How do you handle this?

Thanks,
Keith Walter

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
That functionality is finally included in Epicor 9.

We however started with 8.00.812 and are now on 8.03.405a.
We used a UD table to store this info (just Mfr and Mfr P/N) it is not tied to Suppliers and we do not use Price Lists. We have modified Part Entry, PO Entry, Part Display, Part Tracker, Receipt Entry etc.... to show us the Mfr data from the UD table

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keithfwalter@...> wrote:
>
> We currently have several thousand buy items - many of which we can get from multiple suppliers (e.g. electrical components - resistors, capcitors, IC chips). I am defining the "mfg part number" as a number referenced by the actual manufaturer, where the "supplier part number" would be like from a distributor.
>
> so we have the following relationships (in reality):
>
> 1) PNvantage-->PNmfg (one to one usualy, but could also be one to many if there is another mfg who makes this)
>
> 2) PNvantage-->PNsuplier (one to many)
>
> 3) PNmfg-->PNsuplier (one to many)
>
> 4) PNsuplier-->Suplier (one to one)
>
>
> Make sense?
>
> OK. Now in Vantage I know how to make #2 and #4 above happen by using the vendor price list. We use it heavily. But how can i get #1 and #3 to work? that is, how can I store and lookup a mfg part number, then see which of my suupliers can provide it? I need to be able to search for MfgPartNumbers related to a VantagePart, and also Vendors who can supply this part to us. On the PO/Line tab, there are feilds for "Mfg" and "Mfg Part". This seems like what I need but HELP is not very helpful, and I cannot find where I would modify this data or where it comes from.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any ideas? How do you handle this?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith Walter
>