MultiPlant: 9.05.607A Time and Expense Entry

Plant Configuration is setup in User Security for the User ID. You are correct, Employee ID is not connected to a plant. The method to change plants requires you to log on to a desktop client session, then use Options - Change Plant; select the plant to want access. You can not change plants from MES stations, it's associated with the last plant you logged on from the desktop client.

Are emp0001 and MIGUEL the same user or different users? Are these User ID's or Employee ID's? At a desktop client, log in with users emp0001 and MIGUEL - what plants are displayed when logging on for each of them?

You can have shortcuts with multiple plants, but they do not indicate the plant unless you manually change the name of the shortcut. You can see the plant if you right click and select properties for the shortcut.

Tim Lester

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Santillan <msantillan@...> wrote:
>
> 1. The employees that can not perform T&E entry - do they have access to all plants? Configured in User Security.
>
> I as the security manager user do have access to all plants. My employee ID is not plant dependent is it? I don't see where I can say that an employee belongs to a certain Plant, other than in User Security, but that is different from Employee Maintenance.
>
> 2. Are they only able to see jobs from the main plant? Are they logged into the correct plant?
>
> The employee only has access to new plant and is able to start and stop activity on the job that belong to the new plant, for example as emp0001, but I as user MIGUEL cannot enter T&E in the new plant.
>
> 3. Are they using a Favorite to open T&E entry? If it was an existing shortcut from the main plant, it will change their plant automatically when they click their favorite shortcut.
>
>
>
> I don't use short cuts since I started MultiPlant.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
>
> Miguel A. Santillan
> Compass Components, Inc.
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of timlester67
> Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:54 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: MultiPlant: 9.05.607A Time and Expense Entry
>
>
>
> Some assumptions based on what you have listed - users are attempting to use Time and Expense Entry (T&E) from a desktop client, the users have multiple sessions enabled. Not sure if the users are using both desktop client and MES.
>
> My first thoughts:
> 1. The employees that can not perform T&E entry - do they have access to all plants? Configured in User Security.
> 2. Are they only able to see jobs from the main plant? Are they logged into the correct plant?
> 3. Are they using a Favorite to open T&E entry? If it was an existing shortcut from the main plant, it will change their plant automatically when they click their favorite shortcut.
>
> Tim Lester
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Miguel Santillan <msantillan@<mailto:msantillan@>> wrote:
> >
> > We are now running 4 plants and for some reason we cannot do a Time and Expense Entry on the three newly added plants. It has been 10 working days and Epicor has not been able to help so far and just found out they still have not looked at the copy of the DB I sent to them.
> >
> > What things should I look for, that I have might of missed.
> >
> > Is there something under the employee setup, or maybe the user account trying to enter the time? I figure since I am logged in that would not be a problem.
> >
> > The employees can go through MES and start/stop activity in their plants without issue.
> >
> > We can do T&E in the main plant without issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Miguel A. Santillan
> > Compass Components, Inc.
> > www.ccicms.com<http://www.ccicms.com/>
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We are now running 4 plants and for some reason we cannot do a Time and Expense Entry on the three newly added plants. It has been 10 working days and Epicor has not been able to help so far and just found out they still have not looked at the copy of the DB I sent to them.

What things should I look for, that I have might of missed.

Is there something under the employee setup, or maybe the user account trying to enter the time? I figure since I am logged in that would not be a problem.

The employees can go through MES and start/stop activity in their plants without issue.

We can do T&E in the main plant without issue.

Regards,

Miguel A. Santillan
Compass Components, Inc.
www.ccicms.com<http://www.ccicms.com/>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We have had issues in the past with Time and Expense Entry. Try going into User Security and verify that the checkboxes associated with Time and Expense Entry are checked. You can find them on the List tab. I have attached a screenshot of the ones to look for to this message.

Thank you,

Lauren Hellings
Business Analyst
Cell: 832-472-1736
email: Lauren.Hellings@...<mailto:Lauren.Hellings@...>
www.c-p-i.com<http://www.c-p-i.com>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miguel Santillan
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:58 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] MultiPlant: 9.05.607A Time and Expense Entry

We are now running 4 plants and for some reason we cannot do a Time and Expense Entry on the three newly added plants. It has been 10 working days and Epicor has not been able to help so far and just found out they still have not looked at the copy of the DB I sent to them.

What things should I look for, that I have might of missed.

Is there something under the employee setup, or maybe the user account trying to enter the time? I figure since I am logged in that would not be a problem.

The employees can go through MES and start/stop activity in their plants without issue.

We can do T&E in the main plant without issue.

Regards,

Miguel A. Santillan
Compass Components, Inc.
www.ccicms.com<http://www.ccicms.com/>

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.

Some assumptions based on what you have listed - users are attempting to use Time and Expense Entry (T&E) from a desktop client, the users have multiple sessions enabled. Not sure if the users are using both desktop client and MES.

My first thoughts:
1. The employees that can not perform T&E entry - do they have access to all plants? Configured in User Security.
2. Are they only able to see jobs from the main plant? Are they logged into the correct plant?
3. Are they using a Favorite to open T&E entry? If it was an existing shortcut from the main plant, it will change their plant automatically when they click their favorite shortcut.

Tim Lester

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Santillan <msantillan@...> wrote:
>
> We are now running 4 plants and for some reason we cannot do a Time and Expense Entry on the three newly added plants. It has been 10 working days and Epicor has not been able to help so far and just found out they still have not looked at the copy of the DB I sent to them.
>
> What things should I look for, that I have might of missed.
>
> Is there something under the employee setup, or maybe the user account trying to enter the time? I figure since I am logged in that would not be a problem.
>
> The employees can go through MES and start/stop activity in their plants without issue.
>
> We can do T&E in the main plant without issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel A. Santillan
> www.ccicms.com<http://www.ccicms.com/>
>
>
>
>
1. The employees that can not perform T&E entry - do they have access to all plants? Configured in User Security.

I as the security manager user do have access to all plants. My employee ID is not plant dependent is it? I don't see where I can say that an employee belongs to a certain Plant, other than in User Security, but that is different from Employee Maintenance.

2. Are they only able to see jobs from the main plant? Are they logged into the correct plant?

The employee only has access to new plant and is able to start and stop activity on the job that belong to the new plant, for example as emp0001, but I as user MIGUEL cannot enter T&E in the new plant.

3. Are they using a Favorite to open T&E entry? If it was an existing shortcut from the main plant, it will change their plant automatically when they click their favorite shortcut.

I don't use short cuts since I started MultiPlant.

Thanks for the help.

Miguel A. Santillan
Compass Components, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of timlester67
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:54 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: MultiPlant: 9.05.607A Time and Expense Entry

Some assumptions based on what you have listed - users are attempting to use Time and Expense Entry (T&E) from a desktop client, the users have multiple sessions enabled. Not sure if the users are using both desktop client and MES.

My first thoughts:

Tim Lester

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Miguel Santillan <msantillan@...<mailto:msantillan@...>> wrote:
>
> We are now running 4 plants and for some reason we cannot do a Time and Expense Entry on the three newly added plants. It has been 10 working days and Epicor has not been able to help so far and just found out they still have not looked at the copy of the DB I sent to them.
>
> What things should I look for, that I have might of missed.
>
> Is there something under the employee setup, or maybe the user account trying to enter the time? I figure since I am logged in that would not be a problem.
>
> The employees can go through MES and start/stop activity in their plants without issue.
>
> We can do T&E in the main plant without issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel A. Santillan
> www.ccicms.com<http://www.ccicms.com/>
>
>
>
>