Net.Tcp Binding to 10.2.700.4 objects

Hi all,

We are looking to upgrade to Epicor 10.2.700.4 from 10.2.200.4. We have a bunch of Windows .NET apps that access Epicor objects using net.tcp. A standard object initialization looks like this:

System.ServiceModel.Channels.CustomBinding netTcpBinding = new Epicor.ServiceModel.StandardBindings.NetTcp.UsernameWindowsChannel();

Uri svcQtyAdjust = new Uri("net.tcp://pathToEpicorInstance/Erp/BO/InventoryQtyAdj.svc");
        var objQtyAdjust = new Erp.Proxy.BO.InventoryQtyAdjImpl(netTcpBinding, svcQtyAdjust);
        objQtyAdjust.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = "username";
        objQtyAdjust.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = "password";

Here’s the problem. After upgrading, the Epicor.ServiceModel.dll in 10.2.700.4 no longer has the NetTcp object, at least not under the StandardBindings namespace.

Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Michael Schneider
InSource Technologies, Inc

I think it is now moved to another assembly. I’ll look tomorrow it’s name

Olga,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ve found the correct DLL(s). After adding Epicor.Ice.Shared.Wcf.Core.dll & Epicor.Ice.Shared.Wcf.Private.dll, I now have the Epicor.ServiceModel.StandardBindings namespace along with the NetTcp object.

Much appreciated!!

-Michael

2 Likes

Hi @Olga!

What’s the future of net.tcp in a totally browser world? I know we’ll keep net.tcp for the .Net client for sure but is there a place for it in a Pure Kinetic™ world?

Thanks!

1 Like

no future for WCF, that is for this binding as well. Microsoft abandoned WCF, it is not supported in .NET Core

2 Likes

I ran into this same problem but with the PDT. Is there a workaround that you know of?

How exactly the error looks like?

It starts off with:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Epicor.ServiceModel.StandardBindings.NetTcp' from assembly 'Epicor.ServiceModel, Version=3.2.700.0

I apologize I don’t mean to hijack this thread

Is there a newer version of the PDT Tool? Try that, if not you may need to ask support.

Also remember to map your PDT I think to your client, wondering if you just have it still in the settings pointing to an older .sysconfig

2 Likes

It is different from initial question, because PDT is not something you compile yourself.

If Haso’s suggestion does not help, you should write to support, something is not right with your PDT installation.

@Olga @hkeric.wci I really appreciate the replies. I understand that it is a fundamentally different issue and I do have an open support ticket already. I guess I was just curious about @Olga’s comment re: the NetTcp object being moved to another assembly.

It appears that the PDT is looking for the same object it in the old assembly, so this does help provide some useful context that I can add to my support ticket. (FWIW my issue occurs on a new installation of PDT on a new 10.2.700.04 server).

Thanks for taking the time to share your insight!
Cheers